Funding brief: Getty Scholar Grants are for established scholars, or writers who have attained distinction in their fields. Recipients are in residence at the Getty Research Institute or Getty Villa, where they pursue their own projects free from academic obligations, make use of Getty collections, join their colleagues in a weekly meeting devoted to an annual research theme, and participate in the intellectual life of the Getty.
Donor Name: Getty Foundation
Funding name: Getty Scholar Grants
Deadline: The next deadline to submit an application for this grant is October, 1st, 2018 (5:00 p.m. PDT).
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Getty Scholars may be in residence from three to nine months:
● Three-month residency: September to December, January to March, April to June: $17,200
● Six-month residency: September to March, January to June: $42,000
● Nine-month residency: September to June: $65,000
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● Applications are welcome from researchers of all nationalities who are working in the arts, humanities, or social sciences.
● Applicants who received their degree less than five years ago should apply for a postdoctoral fellowship.
● Current Getty staff and members of their immediate family are not eligible for Scholar Grants. Recent recipients who have received a Getty Scholar award within the past three years may be removed from consideration.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Applicants are required to complete and submit the online Getty Scholar grant application form, along with the attachments described below, by the deadline.
● Project Proposal: Each application must include a description of the applicant’s proposed plan for study and research (not to exceed five pages, typed and double-spaced). The description should indicate (1) how the project bears upon the scholar year theme and (2) how the project would be advanced by the resources at the Getty, including its library and collections.
● Curriculum Vitae
● Optional Writing Sample
For the best user experience, they strongly recommend use of the Google Chrome browser. You may also use Firefox or Safari. The Internet Explorer 11 (IE) browser is not fully compatible with our portal.
Begin a New Application: Create or update your account and password, log in, and begin a new application.
You may return to your work at any time by visiting the portal at the link above and logging into your account.
Please note: Once you have created and saved an application form, be sure to return to work on the same form by selecting the “Applications: In Progress” link to return to your saved application. Otherwise, you may inadvertently create multiple versions of the same application.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh