Funding brief: coLABS is an early-stage investment portfolio seeking to invest in bold, innovative, and widely scalable social enterprises that have the potential to dramatically improve the lives of women and girls around the world.
coLABS is a portfolio under Gray Matters Capital (GMC), a private operating foundation founded by Bob Pattillo that focuses on impact investments. GMC believes the best investment strategy is to bet on entrepreneurs and market-based solutions. Its mission is an education leading to a more purposeful life for 100 million women globally by 2036. Over the last 10 years, the Atlanta-based foundation has devoted $160 million to microfinance and education initiatives, primarily in South Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
Terms: They provide revenue-share investment capital and seek a healthy return on investment within 3-5 years of investment. To understand more about our investment terms, see the below revenue-share overview and a detailed sample term sheet with explanations.
Criteria: They are looking for companies that strongly align with our four key criteria:
● Women: Are women central to the growth of your business? Does the issue you’re solving for your community disproportionately affect women/girls?
● Scalable: Can your company grow wide/fast enough within 5 years to reach new markets or to provide new services/products to your customers?
● Innovative: How are you bringing something new to the world?
● Early stage: Have you tested your idea, seen it to be sustainable, and now you’re ready to scale? Is revenue-share the appropriate type of investment capital for your company?
Donor Name: coLABS
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: Upcoming Investment Cycle Schedule (Subject to change)
● August, 2018 [Pre-Screen Submission Deadline: July, 25th, 2018]
● October, 2018 [Pre-Screen Submission Deadline: September, 15th, 2018]
● January, 2019 [Pre-Screen Submission Deadline: December, 15th, 2018]
Funding details link: Click to view
● Seed funding: They provide a maximum investment of $250,000 USD with our revenue share model.
● Technical Support: They help you formalize and build your advisory board of at least 3 people and require that they appoint one of those members who meets with you on a monthly or quarterly basis.
● Scalability: coLabs has a follow-on investment vehicle to further the growth and development of select, qualified portfolio companies.
● Strategy: They provide feedforward to help strengthen your business model and work closely with you to pivot where necessary for you to see greatest impact and success.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● At coLABS, our “gender lens” strategy moves beyond focusing on individual women as leaders. They strategically fund entrepreneurs and early-stage ventures that leverage women, and their critical role in the community, as a core part of their corporate DNA and business model. They believe widening our investment lens will create the greatest impact on quality-of-life for women and girls in these communities.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: Click to view
● Guideline: Click to view
● Form (Proposal): Click to view
● About: Click to view
● FAQ: Click to view
● Sample colabs term sheet: Click to view
● Startup resources: Click to view
● Colabs brochure: Click to view
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh