Funding brief: The next World Bank World Development Report (WDR) 2019 will address The Changing Nature of Work. For the first time since the World Bank began publishing the WDR in 1978, the writing process has been completely transparent and open to the public. Every Friday afternoon, the latest draft is uploaded to the World Bank website, so that anyone with internet access has an opportunity to read it and engage with the team of authors. As part of this process, the World Bank has launched a competition for university and college students to submit examples of governments, cities, firms, individuals, or any other actor taking advantage of opportunities created by technology and “the future of work”.
Donor Name: World Bank
Funding name: World Bank’s Competition on the Changing Nature of Work
Deadline: Accepting Entries Now Through 31st, August, 2018 for the World Bank’s Competition on the Changing Nature of Work
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: The three best examples will be awarded prizes of $5,000 and be considered for inclusion in the final report.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● Participants may submit up to three different examples.
● Only one prize will be awarded per participant.
● The total description for each example may be up to 400 words long, including a suggestion as to where in the report the example would best fit.
● Any subject or style is welcome, though the example should fit within the narrative of the current draft of the report and illustrate the issues discussed.
● Supporting data, literature, policy documents, weblinks, etc. should be referenced in the description in order for the WDR team to establish the veracity of the example.
● The competition is open to students from all countries, but entries must be written in English.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● About: Click to view
How to apply:
● To enter the competition, prepare a brief summary of your example (maximum 400 words per example, three per participant) and send to email@example.com.
● Please include your full name and nationality in the cover email.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh