Funding brief: The Prince Claus Fund, through its Cultural Emergency Response (CER) programme and the Whiting Foundation announce a second round of the Open Call for First Aid to Documentary Heritage under Threat. They invite proposals for projects in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean to safeguard documentary heritage that is acutely threatened by recent conflict or other disaster, whether natural or man-made.
Donor Name: Prince Claus Fund, Whiting Foundation
Funding name: Prince Claus Fund
Deadline: The first deadline for applications is 16th, September, 2018 at 17:00 Amsterdam time (CET). The second deadline for applications is 1st, December, 2018 at 17:00 Amsterdam time (CET). Applications received after the second deadline cannot be considered.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Grants will average about €15,000
● If additional information or expert assessment is required in order to specify the remedial action required following the disaster or conflict, applicants may apply for a small grant (a maximum of € 5.000,-) to carry out damage assessment aimed at articulating a concrete plan for quick intervention to address the highest-priority needs for the heritage.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● The project must aim to safeguard documentary heritage (i.e., cultural heritage designed to carry information in writing, such as manuscripts, books, archives, tablets, and carvings or inscriptions).
● The project must respond to an emergency situation, which is to an acute current or impending, disaster, for example by evacuation, restoration and digitalization. Cases only of long term neglect are not eligible.
● The country where the intervention is to take place must be in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean, and the applying organization or individual must live and work in one of these regions.
● The heritage involved must be significant for a specific community, whether local, regional, national, or global.
● Local communities and/or local authorities must be involved in the emergency response, and the legal owner must support the proposed measures.
● The intervention must be able to be carried out within a time frame of twelve months, corresponding to the emergency character of the collaboration.
● No direct or indirect support will be provided to individuals or organizations currently subject to US sanctions.
Eligible Country: The Prince Claus Fund offers financial support to individuals and organizations who implement outstanding cultural initiatives, primarily in Latin America, Africa, Asia, the Caribbean & Eastern Europe.
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
● To apply, please send a brief statement of need, with supporting materials (if available), to email@example.com, in English, French, or Spanish.
Visit all Funding opportunities: Click to view
Visit all funding categories: Click to view
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh