Funding brief: Manusher Jonno Foundation (MJF) is a national non-governmental organisation that promotes human rights and good governance through funding, policy advocacy and capacity building of NGOs and CSOs. MJF dreams for a world free from poverty, exploitation and discrimination where people live in dignity and human security through promotion of human rights and governance through partnership with different stakeholders including duty bearers to ensure dignity and well-being of all people, especially the marginalized.
Social Action and Mobilization for Prevention of Radicalization and Extremism through Enhanced and Targeted Interventions (SAMPREETI) is a project of Manusher Jonno Foundation (MJF) funded by GCERF. SAMPREETI is pleased to ask the 2nd Call for Expressions of Interest (EoI) from Bangladeshi organizations/ institutions/ groups/ clubs to explore some innovative ideas, models and proposals from greater Dhaka. This project will contribute to the main program of MJF in the thematic area of Youth and Social Cohesion. SAMPREETI is supported by the Global Community Engagement and Resilience Fund (GCERF). GCERF is a unique global effort to support local, community-level initiatives aimed at strengthening resilience against violent extremist agendas.
The purpose of this Call is to announce the availability of funding from SAMPREETI in Bangladesh (greater Dhaka region) and to solicit Expression of Interest from potential applicants to explore some innovative ideas, models or proposals that contribute to the prevention of radicalization and violent extremism.
Donor Name: Manusher Jonno Foundation (MJF)
Funding name: Social Action and Mobilization for Prevention of Radicalization and Extremism through Enhanced and Targeted Interventions (SAMPREETI)
Deadline: 31st, July, 2018
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: SAMPREETI will offer approximately 40- 60 grants and duration of the proposed work will be maximum of six (6) months. The grant size will be-
|Small||From BDT 5, 00, 000 to BDT 15, 00, 000|
|Medium||From BDT 15, 00, 001 to BDT 30, 00, 000|
|Large||From BDT 30, 00, 001 to BDT 80, 00, 000|
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: The duration of the proposed work (project) will be for maximum of six (6) months.
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: A Grantee will receive funding from SAMPREETI. A Grantee may be:
● Any registered or non-registered organization such as NGOs, CSOs, CBOs, Media House, Cultural or Theatre Group/ Club, Institute or associated institutions such as Youth Group/Debating Society/ Film Society/ Tourist Society/ Photographic Society/ Journalist Association/ Model United Nations Association/ Cultural Club/ Games and Sports Club/ Computer Club/ Social Service Club/ Writers’ Forum/ Business and Economic Forum/ Rover Scout etc.
● The duration of the proposed work (project) will be for maximum of six (6) months.
● The proposed work can be one- off event or series of activities.
● The grant size will be BDT 500000 to 8000000.
● It is necessary to have registration or at least a Constitution/ MoU/ Resolution for any non-registered or non- affiliated group/ institute/ organization.
● Proposed work should be limited to six districts of greater Dhaka region (Gazipur, Narayangonj, Munshigonj, Manikgonj, Narsingdi and Dhaka).
● Proposed work will focus on graduation level (After HSC level) students studying in any public, private or religious institutions and also with their affiliates, parents, teachers, and institution management committee etc.
● Proposed work must have alignment with the prevention of radicalization and violent extremism.
● Grantee must be Bangladeshi National and legally able to enter into grant agreements with NGO work
Factors not eligible for funding: The common features for which a proposal will not be accepted are as follows:
● Proposed work/ Activities/ Initiatives undertaken by an individual.
● Participation or engagement of the applicant in partisan politics.
● Applicant shall not be engaged in any personal or professional activity which conflicts or could conflict with any of their obligations in relation to the proposed project.
Eligible Country: Bangladesh
Submission mail: email@example.com
How to apply: Interested organizations/ institutes/ groups/ clubs are requested to submit their proposals through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
● The Proposed work (Project Proposal) should be written in English using the EoI template.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh