Funding brief: The Research Grant Programme financially supports academic and scientific research that will deepen knowledge of the nature conservation in developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region. With the aim of strengthening research capacity of young researchers in that region, grants are available only for individual researchers, but not for groups/teams, to enhance their skills, knowledge, and experience through their own research work.
Criteria: A proposed research project must:
● Be a scientific research contributing to the NATURE CONSERVATION of the country where the applicant currently works or studies;
● Put its main focus on LIVING ORGANISMS;
● Be carried out in the country where the applicant currently works or studies;
● Involve fieldwork for collecting data;
● Be applicant’s own research work (team projects are ineligible.);
● Achieve its objective(s) and submit reports within one to two years as scheduled; AND
● Be exclusively funded by the NEF Research Grant Programme, or co-funded with the applicant’s institution.
Donor Name: Nagao Natural Environment Foundation (NEF)
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: Application deadlines for this year are twice a year: 17th, April, 2018 and 16th, October, 2018.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: The maximum grant size in this programme is 500,000 Japanese yen per project for a maximum duration of two year.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: two year
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: An applicant must:
● Be a national of developing country in the Asia-Pacific region;
● Be a researcher/scientist, who works full-time or is enrolled in a doctoral course, conducting research at a research institution or relevant organization in one of the target countries listed below;
● Have sufficient experience and skills in conducting and managing the proposed research;
● Be able to communicate in English;
● Not have another application to the NEF; AND
● Not have another on-going research or publication project funded by the NEF at the time of application submission.
● Grant recipients may submit a renewal application to continue the funded research project in Subsequent year(s). Those recipients wishing renewal should follow the same application procedure above. The NEF Selection Committee evaluates progress/final reports and other items resulting from the funded research as well as renewal application. Please be sure that submission of renewal application does not guarantee additional grant funding.
● Submission of such additional applications is acceptable after completion of the funded projects and up to one time.
Eligible Country: The target countries in the Asia-Pacific region include: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Kiribati, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Palau, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Vietnam.
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply:
● All documents (a completed application form and a recommendation letter) should be submitted to the NEF Secretariat by e-mail (email@example.com) in MS Word or PDF or by fax (+81-3-6659-2272).
● If e-mail access or fax is unavailable, hard copies can be mailed to: NEF Secretariat Nagao Natural Environment Foundation, Miyano Building 3rd Floor, 4-20-9 Midori, Sumida-ku, Tokyo 130-0021 JAPAN.
● Applicants are required to submit: a completed application form and a recommendation letter.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh