Funding brief: Grinnell College is accepting nominations from across the globe for the 2019 Grinnell College Innovator for Social Justice Prize. The College awards the $100,000 Grinnell Prize annually to individuals who show creativity, commitment, and extraordinary accomplishment in effecting positive social change.
Individuals and organizations are encouraged to nominate someone who is:
● A change-maker working on the cutting edge of social innovation;
● A leader who collaborates to co-create solutions to pressing social justice issues;
● A visionary who is tackling immediate challenges while also addressing related systemic issues; and
● A mentor who inspires the next generation of social innovators
The Grinnell Prize is the largest award given by any U.S. college in recognition of social justice. It reflects Grinnell’s commitment to exploring issues of purpose, responsibility, and justice and a historic mission to educate individuals “who are prepared in life and work to use their knowledge and their abilities to serve the common good.”
Donor Name: Grinnell College
Funding name: Social Justice Prize
Deadline: Nominations are due by 11:59 p.m. on Oct, 8th, 2018
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Winners will be awarded $100,000, with half presented to the individual and half to the individual’s organization.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● Nominations are open to both U.S. citizens and nationals of other countries. Nominees must have earned a bachelor’s degree no more than 15 years prior to their nomination.
● Nominees must be nominated by a third party.
● Nominees may be a single individual or a team of two people who are working together.
● Nominees must consent to their nomination. This consent must be given in the form of a letter (if you are nominating two individuals for collaborative work this letter should come from the two jointly) that will be uploaded to the nomination form and must include: This letter must be written by the nominee(s), be in PDF format and include:
A statement indicating their willingness to be nominated for this prize;
A statement indicating confirmation that they will have completed an undergraduate degree(s) between the years of 2003-2019 and noting the name of degree granting college or university;
A brief (2-3 paragraph) description of their social innovation work noting:
O The social justice need they are addressing;
O What they feel is innovative in how they are addressing the need;
O The ways in which they are addressing systemic issues related to the need; and
O The current and planned impact of their work.
● Nominee(s) must have earned a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) between 2003 and 2019.
● Nominees should be a force for social justice. They should have identified a concrete social justice need, designed creative and socially just solutions to address that need, and made a substantive impact through their hard work and dedication.
● Nominees should have demonstrated the essence of Grinnell College’s broad liberal arts education through serving the common good and demonstrating expertise in the areas of critical thinking, innovative problem solving, and measurable systemic change making.
● Nominees must not be widely known outside their immediate community or field.
● Nominees may be nationals of any country.
● Nominees DO NOT need to be affiliated with Grinnell College.
● Nominees must have sufficient English fluency to engage with the Grinnell College Community.
● Nominees must be able to provide in English any supplemental information required as part of the selection process.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh