Funding brief: The Conservation & Science department’s mission is to provide ex situ support for in situ conservation. They accomplish our goals through participation and leadership in conservation efforts at the Phoenix Zoo, throughout our region and worldwide.
Priorities: Priority is given to proposals that demonstrate a measurable, common-sense approach to conservation and science issues, appropriate research methodologies, effective knowledge sharing and capacity building strategies; ex situ support of in situ conservation and active involvement of local communities. Well constructed submissions will clearly describe how the project fits one or more of the above-stated areas of focus.
Donor Name: The Phoenix Zoo
Funding name: Phoenix Zoo Conservation and Science Grants Program
Deadline: The pre-proposal submission is from August, 1st to September, 1st. Applicants will be notified by November, 1st if they are invited to submit a full proposal.Invited Conservation Grant Full Proposals are accepted November, 1st – December, 1st each year. Full proposals are due no later than 5:00 p.m. Arizona time (Mountain Standard) on December, 1st.
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Grant requests must not exceed $3,000 per award. This amount can go towards supporting a component of a larger project, seed money to begin a novel project, or towards the expansion of an existing conservation program.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Phoenix Zoo Conservation & Science Grants are for one year of project support only. If support for a multi-year program is desired, please present a request for a one-year component of a larger program.
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● They also encourage global activism by offering conservation grants to selected individuals who apply through their Conservation & Science Grant program. Priority is given to proposals that demonstrate a measurable, common-sense approach to conservation and science issues, appropriate research methodologies, effective knowledge sharing and capacity building strategies, ex situ support of in situ conservation and active involvement of local communities. The Zoo’s grants are intended to provide seed money or to fund critical components of conservation programs.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply:
● They use an online format to administer our application process. Hard copies of application materials are not accepted or reviewed. Pre-proposals are submitted via an application link provided on our Phoenix Zoo conservation web page. This link will connect you to our application service, which is also used for Phoenix Zoo employment applications. Once on the application service site, applicants will see a prompt requesting a username and password. If you have submitted a grant proposal previously, please use that email address. Note: The initial format will look like a job application because our grants application process is integrated into our employment opportunities service. Please continue through the required initial steps, and you will soon see that you are completing the conservation grants application.
● For those invited to submit a full proposal: From November 1 to December 1 each year a link will be provided to invitees that will connect them to our application service. You will use this link to submit a full proposal. You will log in using the pre-proposal user name and password. You will need to select the Conservation Grant proposal application and submit it by 5:00 p.m. Arizona time (Mountain Standard) on December 1 to be considered for funding.
● Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions related to the application process.
● Principal Investigators’ CV—Please be sure that a CV is included for each PI listed on the project and that the CV is in English. CVs must be no more than two pages long using a minimum 10 point font size.
● Location of project—Please include the precise location of the project including the continent, country, and the particular area. The project location information is required for our reporting and funding consideration.
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh