Funding brief: To contribute to the development of stronger and more inclusive movements for Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), AmplifyChange seeks proposals for Network grants. Networks create connections to help like-minded organizations strengthen and coordinate their impact, including finding strengths in diversity. They should be led by southern-based organizations capable of convening and supporting multiple small-to-medium sized civil society organizations – including AmplifyChange grantees – to build stronger, more inclusive and resilient movements.
AmplifyChange now provides direct support to over 400 small-to-medium sized civil society organizations through its Opportunity and Strengthening grants. These grants aim to fuel the growth of a new generation of organizations and advocacy leaders, including youth-led and gender-rights groups, legal and health advocacy groups. This supports more resilient, broad-based movements for SRHR based in the Global South.
Your project must respond to one or more of the AmplifyChange priorities which are:
● Addressing gender-based violence, including sexual violence and female genital mutilation, and ending child, early and forced marriage
● Addressing the causes of unsafe abortion, including criminalization of abortion
● Challenging stigma, discrimination, attitudes and laws that undermine human rights, including on grounds of gender identity or sexual orientation, particularly LGBTI (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex) individuals
● Increasing access to comprehensive reproductive health services for socially and economically marginalized and vulnerable people
● Improving sexual health of young people and girls, including through comprehensive sexuality education and ending child, early and forced marriage and menstrual hygiene management
Therefore, they will support:
● Community groups
● Non-governmental organizations
● Indigenous groups
● Charitable organizations
● Faith-based organizations
● Research institutes
● Social enterprise groups
● Public-private partnerships
● Media groups
● Professional associations
Donor Name: AmplifyChange
Funding name: Network Grants Round 4
Deadline: Applications must be submitted via our grants portal by Tuesday, 31st, July, 2018, at 5:00 pm (BST).
Funding details link: Click to view
Funding limit: Network grants range from EUR 150,000 to EUR 550,000 over 2 years.
● The annual value of the grant cannot exceed 50% of the lead organisation’s average annual expenditure over the last 3 years. So, for example, if you are applying for a grant of EUR 250,000 over 24 months and you would receive EUR 125,000 each year, you would need to be able to demonstrate that the lead organisation’s average annual expenditure for the last 3 years was at least EUR 250,000 per year.
● They encourage applicants to provide realistic budgets to match their proposed approach.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: The eligibility criteria refer solely to the lead applicant. They are:
● The applicant organization must be registered in sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, or MENA
● The project must be implemented in sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, MENA
● The applicant organization must have a bank account
● The annual value of the grant cannot exceed 50% of your organization’s average annual expenditure over the last 3 years. So, for example, if you are applying for a grant of EUR 250,000 over 24 months and you would receive EUR 125,000 each year, you would need to be able to demonstrate that your organization’s average annual expenditure for the last 3 years was at least EUR 250,000 per year
● Organizations must have registration status that enables them to receive funds from foreign sources
● Organizations must have been registered for at least 3 years
● Please see “Enabling Southern-Led Advocacy” for eligibility of northern-led civil society organizations
● The applicant organization must be registered in sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, or MENA (Below)
● The project must be implemented in sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, MENA (Below)
● Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic Of, Congo, The Democratic Republic of the, Cote D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, The, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, India, Iran (Islamic Republic of Iran), Iraq, Jordan (Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan), Kenya, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya (Libyan Arab Jamahirya), Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique (Moçambique), Myanmar (formerly Burma), Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara (formerly Spanish Sahara), Yemen (Arab Republic), Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Click to view).
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh