Funding brief: The Urban Studies Foundation Seminar Series Competition aims to support the generation of internationally excellent research in all areas of urban studies.
They welcome proposals from academics working in any country, and they expect the proposal to be of international interest in terms of its coverage and scope. Each series must propose at least two separate events in one or more different institutions. Details of funded proposals from previous years can be found in the Further Particulars document available to download below, as well as on our website under the Seminar Series profiles and Previous Grantees section.
All proposals should be capable of generating scholarly debate and dialogue that is compelling, significant, and contribute to publications of world standard. Unlike previous years, there will be only one stage in the application process; and applicants should note that the USF currently runs this funding scheme every two years.
Event Format: Applicants must explain the precise nature of the events that they will organize. They anticipate that this can encompass research seminars, colloquia and round-tables involving at least two separate events in one or more different institutions. The seminar series is not intended to be based on a single event. The events must all take place within 18 months of approval and must stay within the overall budget of £20,000. The short post-event report should also be completed within this timescale. Preference will be afforded to proposals for new events. However, the possibility of funding continuing events or series is not excluded provided a strong case is made
Donor Name: Urban Studies Foundation
Funding name: Seminar Series Competition
Deadline: Please note that the application deadline for the current Seminar Series competition is September, 14th, 2018.
Funding details link: https://urbanstudiesfoundation.org/funding/seminar-series/
Funding limit: In the 2018 competition, they seek to support between 6 and 8 seminar series, in each case up to a maximum of £20,000.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Please note that the USF requires that the event take place within 18 months of approval.
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Selection will be based on the following criteria:
● Academic quality of the proposal and contribution to key contemporary areas of urban studies scholarship.
● Value for money.
● Feasibility and quality of dissemination strategy.
● Confidence in deliverability of the event.
● They will announce the result of the competition within eight weeks of the application deadline.
● Please note that successful lead proposers from the previous year are ineligible from entering this year’s competition, but can apply in subsequent years.
● They welcome proposals from academics working in any country, and they expect the proposal to be of international interest in terms of its coverage and scope.
● Each series must propose at least two separate events in one or more different institutions.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Guideline: https://urbanstudiesfoundation.org/content/assets/uploads/2018/06/USF_Seminar_Series_Further_Particulars.pdf
● Form (Proposal): https://urbanstudiesfoundation.org/content/assets/uploads/2018/06/Seminar_Series_Application_Form.docx
● About: https://urbanstudiesfoundation.org/about/
How to apply: Applicants should send their completed application forms and supporting documents to Joe Shaw (email@example.com).
All applicants should submit the following documentation along with a completed application form:
A letter of support from the host institution(s) or venue(s).
CVs of the project lead and additional team members.
Any additional supporting documents the applicants wish to include if necessary.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh