Funding brief: Alice and Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN), along with partners Johnson & Johnson and Dell, have opened applications for Pitch with Purpose, a global pitch competition celebrating and rewarding diverse founders who have committed their companies to social good. Launched in 2016, Pitch with Purpose was the first-ever pitch competition centered around solutions to the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Applicants will submit their entries online (click “View Resource” to access the application form), and three finalists will be invited to pitch live in front of a panel of judges, funders and media in October 2018. Submissions are measured based on their level of contribution toward the solution of at least one of the United Nations SDGs, diversity of the founding team, scalability of the business model and proof of product-market fit.
Alice and Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN) invites applications for ‘global pitch competition’ to find submissions for a pitch for competition diverse founders who have committed their companies to social good and are positively impacting the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
● Level of contribution to the solution of at least one of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
● Diversity of founding team (must have at least one founder who is a woman, ethnic minority in their country of origin, LGBTQ+ and/or disabled)
● Scalability of the business model
● Proof of product-market fit
● Must have been in operation for 12 months or more
● Must complete Google Form application and completed a profile on Alice (helloalice.com)
Alice accepts no responsibility for Submissions that are either lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, defaced, misdirected or mislaid, howsoever caused.
Donor Name: Alice and Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN)
Funding name: Global pitch competition’
Deadline: The deadline to apply is July, 31st, 2018 at 11:59 PM Central Standard Time.
Funding details link: https://helloalice.com
Funding limit: The top pitch will receive an awards package designed to accelerate scalability and social impact, including:
● $15,000, courtesy of Johnson & Johnson
● A Dell computer
● Scholarship entry to Circular Summit 2019
● Mentorship from a business expert
● A feature on Inc.com
● The two runners-up will receive $2,500 in cash and a scholarship ticket to Circular Summit 2019.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● In order to qualify, companies must contribute to the solution of at least one of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), have a diverse founding team and have been in operation for twelve months or more. All entries must be received by July 31, 2018. Alice, at its sole discretion, shall determine eligibility of any individual or entity, and may disqualify any Participant at any time for any reason.
● The person making the Submission on behalf of the company must certify that he or she has the right to act on behalf of the company and agree to these Rules on behalf of the company.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: www.helloalice.com/pitchwithpurpose
● Guideline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j3EuA7W3puB4X-DWCWDgNIXCedQI2BB6/view
● About: https://helloalice.com/collections/lgbtq-entrepreneur-resources-communities-organizations#
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (www.helloalice.com/pitchwithpurpose).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh