Funding brief: This fund enables individuals and organizations to use creative approaches in engaging the public with health research.
They’re looking for creative approaches to engage the public. Your project needs to support our public engagement goals, so it should do at least one of the following:
● Empower people by helping them to access, use, respond to, and/or participate in health research and innovation
● Improve health research by making it more people-centred, to better understand people’s experiences and draw on that knowledge
● Help people to value and think critically about science, health research, innovation and the role these play in society.
To be successful, your project must also do one of the following:
● Innovate or try new ways of working
● They’d like to understand how you think your proposed project is innovative, and the context in which it’s new.
● Develop an existing activity where you have evidence that it has been successful, either by exploring ways to make it sustainable or by scaling it up in a cost-effective manner
● Learn from a successful engagement activity delivered by you or others, and replicate it with a new audience, eg a different demographic or location.
● They’re especially interested in work which promotes diversity and inclusion, and engages people and communities who are affected by social and economic disadvantage. This work can sit within a wider project or be its main focus. If your project addresses these issues, tell us how it does this, based on your experience and the context you are working in.
If your project takes place in a low- or middle-income country, they particularly want to see how it will strengthen the public engagement skills of the people and organizations involved in developing the project in that country.
Donor Name: Wellcome
Funding name: Public Engagement Fund
Deadline: Proposals for grants of £25,000 to £250,000:
● 3rd, May, 2018, 17:00 BST
● 28th, June, 2018, 17:00 BST
● 11th, September, 2018, 17:00 BST
● 11th, January, 2019, 17:00 GMT
Funding details link: https://wellcome.ac.uk/funding/public-engagement-fund
Funding limit: £25,000 to £3 million
● Awards range from £25,000 to £3 million. Your project funding can last up to three years.
● Most of the proposals we receive are for £25,000 to £100,000. If your proposal falls into this range then you must meet our criteria closely to be competitive, be clear about the change you want to achieve, and include a well-considered delivery plan.
● They can only support a few grants of between £100,000 and £250,000 each year, so your proposal must aim to bring about significant change. Where possible, it should be backed by evidence, such as a pilot with positive results.
● Occasionally, we make grants of over £250,000, where projects have the potential to bring about major, sustainable change. These might be capital projects, ambitious rollouts, or work that could influence the perspectives and actions of a large audience or group of participants.
● Your costs should be justifiable and appropriate for your proposed activities.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Up to 3 years
Eligible organization: As below
● The Public Engagement Fund is open to individuals and organizations (commercial and not-for-profit). Your project must focus on health, although this doesn’t need to be your organisation’s main focus or core activity.
● You can be working in the arts, culture, entertainment media, heritage, leisure, education, research, informal learning, social enterprise, non-profit and community sectors, or other fields.
You can’t apply if your proposed project is about:
● Delivering health interventions with primarily therapeutic purposes
● Running or promoting health campaigns
● Providing health information
● Telling people what to do rather than enabling them to make their own decisions
● Academic research (unless it’s integral to the project’s development, eg action research, or evaluation within the project)
● Engagement activities that are essential to carrying out a health research project/programme in an ethical way, eg consulting with community advisory panels or communicating research findings to research participants.
● Republic of Ireland,
● Low- and middle-income countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, and East Asia and Pacific:
Sub-Saharan Africa: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
East Asia and Pacific: Cambodia, China, Fiji, Indonesia, Kiribati, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tokelau,, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam
Submission mail: To request a grant of over £250,000, email an expression of interest to email@example.com.
Other important link:
● Apply (Proposals for grants of £25,000 to £250,000): https://wtgrants.wellcome.ac.uk/
● About: https://wellcome.ac.uk/about-us
● Public Engagement Fund: what good proposals look like: https://wellcome.ac.uk/sites/default/files/public-engagement-fund-what-good-proposals-look-like.pdf
● Sample application form for the Public Engagement Fund: https://wellcome.ac.uk/sites/default/files/sample-full-app-form-public-engagement-fund-2018-03.pdf
How to apply: Proposals for grants of £25,000 to £250,000: You must submit your application through the (https://wtgrants.wellcome.ac.uk/).
● To request a grant of over £250,000, email an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address is only for expressions of interest.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh