Funding brief: Since the first award in 1990 the Volvo Environment Prize has become one of the scientific world’s most respected environmental prizes. Laureates represent all fields of environmental and sustainability studies and initiatives.
The Volvo Environment Prize is awarded by an independent foundation. A Scientific Committee does the initial screening and evaluation of candidates. The International Prize Jury, a group of internationally renowned scientists, makes the final selection of prize laureate.
Donor Name: The Volvo Environment Prize Foundation
Funding name: Volvo Environment Prize
Deadline: Nominations for the award in 2019 must be submitted before January, 10th, 2019.
Funding details link: http://www.environment-prize.com/the-prize/nomination-guidelines/
Funding limit: The Volvo Environment Prize is awarded annually. The Prize consists of a hand-crafted diploma, a glass sculpture and a cash award for SEK 1.5 million (approximately EUR 165,000 or USD 215,000). The award ceremony is in Stockholm in November each year.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● A nomination remains valid for three years.
● Please note that self-nominations are not accepted.
● Emphasis must also be placed on the impacts of the research outside of the particular discipline e.g. impacts on policy development, impacts on sustainability and/or contribution to changed behaviour.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● Apply: http://www.environment-prize.com/the-prize/nominate/
● Form (Proposal): http://www.environment-prize.com/media/21392/Nomination-form-2019.pdf
● About: http://www.environment-prize.com/about/organisation/
● FAQ: http://www.environment-prize.com/faq/faq/
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://www.environment-prize.com/the-prize/nominate/).
● If you prefer you may send the nomination by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
● If you prefer you may send the nomination by post to: The Volvo Environment Prize Foundation, c/o Christina Leijonhufvud, The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Box 50005, SE-104 05 Stockholm, Sweden
Nominations must include the following:
● A short letter of motivation
● A detailed description of the research the nominee has conducted and how it adds to our knowledge around environmental science. Main achievements and their importance should be emphasized.
● CV of the nominee + list of published paper/s and links if available.
● Letter/s of reference. Maximum 3 letters written by someone other than the nominator.
● Nominations should be submitted in English using the official form available at www.environment-prize.com. When not feasible, please contact the secretariat email@example.com.
● When submitting nominations for a group of named individuals please send one nomination for each person (maximum 3 persons) and specify in the description of achievements that the nomination is for a shared prize.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh