Funding brief: The Sony World Photography Awards is one of the most celebrated and diverse photography competitions in the world. Now in its 12th year, our goal is to showcase the best contemporary photography worldwide.
The Awards are free to enter and open to all levels of photographer, from emerging 12-19-year-olds, enthusiastic hobbyists, and students, to established professionals. There is a competition and a category for everyone, from Architecture, Documentary, Landscape, Portraiture, Sports, Street Photography, Wildlife, Travel, Culture, and more.
All images are judged by leading industry experts, who come together each year in London to decide the best images. A total prize fund of $30,000 (USD) plus the latest Sony digital imaging equipment is shared between winning photographers.
With the power to kick-start and shape careers, photographers are provided with an unprecedented stage to showcase their work, powered by a series of tailored global press and media campaigns. Previous winners and shortlisted photographers have gone on to be represented by renowned galleries and institutions, and their work has been featured in major publications around the world.
Equally, each year we recognize one of the world’s most influential photographers through the Outstanding Contribution to Photography award;
● Professional – The Professional competition is looking to reward and showcase the world’s most outstanding bodies of work. At the pinnacle of the competition is the title of “Photographer of the Year”, one of the most distinguished and highly regarded awards in photography.
The overall winner is chosen each year by the expert jury from among the first place winners of the ten Professional categories: Arch
● Open – Photographers of all ages, backgrounds and experience levels are invited to enter their best single images into the Open competition for a chance to win $5,000 (USD), Sony Digital Imaging Equipment, a trip to London, and be crowned “Open Photographer of the Year”.
The judges are looking to award the best single images from across the following 10 diverse categories: Architecture, Culture, Creative, Motion, Landscape, Natural World & Wildlife, Portraiture, Still Life, Street Photography, and Travel.
● Youth – They are looking for the next generation of talented photographers! The Youth competition, for everyone aged 12-19, recognizes that a love for photography often starts at a young age.
The competition helps young photographers grow and flourish into the next stages of their careers. Judges are looking for good composition, creativity and clear photography.
2019 Brief: “Diversity”
In one single image show the judges an example of diversity. To be understood in its widest sense, the image of diversity could concern people, culture or environment and could be of a local or global concern. All techniques and styles are welcomed, and judges will particularly reward creativity
● Student – The Student competition is one of the world’s leading programs for photography students. Each year, all registered universities are given a unique 1st challenge, with a time frame for their students to respond and submit a series of between 3-5 images per institution. A shortlist of 10 students are then selected and given a 2nd and final challenge, to which they will respond with a series of between 5-10 images.
All 10 shortlisted photographers are given Sony Digital Imaging equipment and flown to London to attend the Sony World Photography Awards ceremony, with the winner receiving 30,000€ worth of Sony photography equipment for his or her institution.
All shortlisted photographers attend a morning of intimate portfolio reviews with World Photography Organization editorial staff and the Student competition judges.
2019 1st Challenge: “(r)evolution”
In a photographic essay of between 3-5 images, students should explore the evolution of the world we are living in. Subject matter can be wide-ranging in its scope, and could cover a variety of themes, including, but not limited to: digital, societal, environmental, artistic, physical, political or cultural revolution or evolution.
Donor Name: World Photography Organisation
Funding name: Sony World Photography Awards
Deadline: The Sony World Photography Awards has four competitions:
● Professional – Recognizing outstanding bodies of work (closes January 11, 2019 – 1300 GMT)
● Open – Rewarding the world’s best single images (closes January 4, 2019 – 1300 GMT)|● Youth – Best single images by photographers aged 12-19 (closes January 4, 2019 – 1300 GMT)
● Student – For photography students worldwide (closes November 30, 2018 – 1300 GMT)
Funding details link: https://www.worldphoto.org/sony-world-photography-awards
Funding limit: Successful photographers can receive:
● Exhibition at Somerset House, London
● Potential to be included in international exhibitions|
● Inclusion in the annual Sony World Photography Awards book|
● Potential to work with Sony and other partners on a variety of projects
● A total prize fund of $30,000 (USD) plus the latest Sony digital imaging equipment is shared between winning photographers.
● Professional – Photographer of the Year – $25,000 (USD) / Sony digital imaging equipment / Included in exhibition at Somerset House, London
Category winners – Flights & accommodation to awards ceremony in London / Sony digital imaging equipment / Publication in winners’ book / Included in exhibition at Somerset House, London
2nd / 3rd place – Awards ceremony ticket / Publication in winners’ book / Included in the annual exhibition at Somerset House, London
Shortlist – Digital exhibition at Somerset House, London
● Open – Open Photographer of the Year – $5,000 (USD) / Sony digital imaging equipment / Flights and accommodation to the awards ceremony in London / Included in exhibition at Somerset House, London
Category winners – Sony digital imaging equipment / Publication in winners’ book / Included in the exhibition at Somerset House, London
Shortlist – Digital exhibition at Somerset House, London / Publication in winners’ book
● Youth – Youth competition winner – Flights and accommodation to awards in London / Sony digital imaging equipment / Included in exhibition at Somerset House, London
Shortlist – Digital exhibition at Somerset House, London / Publication in winners’ book
● Student – All 10 shortlisted photographers are given Sony Digital Imaging equipment and flown to London to attend the Sony World Photography Awards ceremony, with the winner receiving 30,000€ worth of Sony photography equipment for his or her institution.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: No bar was found to apply for this opportunity. All applicants are eligible for this call.
● Professional –
Professional is free to enter and open to all
Judged on a body of work across 10 diverse categories
Photographers must submit a minimum of 5 and maximum of 10 images
1 overall winner, 1st, 2nd and 3rd place + up to 10 shortlisted photographers per category
● Open –
Open is free to enter for all photographers |
Rewarding the best single images across 10 diverse categories
1 overall winner, 1 winner and up to 15 shortlisted images per category
● Youth –
Youth is free to enter for everyone aged 12-19
A single image responding to one brief
1 winner and up to 10 shortlisted images
● Student –
Student is free to enter for anyone undertaking a full-time photography course
Institutions must be registered for their students to take part
1st challenge to submit 3-5 images / 2nd challenge to submit 5-10 images
1 winner plus up to 10 shortlisted photographers
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
Professional – http://users.worldphoto.org/competition/17/categories
Open – http://users.worldphoto.org/competition/19/categories
Youth – http://users.worldphoto.org/competition/21/categories
Student – https://www.worldphoto.org/sony-world-photography-awards/student-focus/submission
● Register (Student): https://www.worldphoto.org/sony-world-photography-awards/student-focus/register
● About: https://www.worldphoto.org/about-us
● FAQ: https://www.worldphoto.org/help
● Professional – https://www.worldphoto.org/sony-world-photography-awards/2017/professional/
● Open – https://www.worldphoto.org/sony-world-photography-awards/2017/open
● Youth – https://www.worldphoto.org/sony-world-photography-awards/2017/youth|
● Student – https://www.worldphoto.org/student-focus
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (Professional – http://users.worldphoto.org/competition/17/categories , Open – http://users.worldphoto.org/competition/19/categories ,Youth – http://users.worldphoto.org/competition/21/categories ,Student – https://www.worldphoto.org/sony-world-photography-awards/student-focus/submission ,Register (Student): https://www.worldphoto.org/sony-world-photography-awards/student-focus/register ).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh