Funding brief: CFC supports activities which promote the contribution of the commodity sector to achieving the SDGs in CFC member countries including the following aspects:
(i) Social: Create employment (particularly for youth and women), provide sustained increase in household incomes, reduce poverty, and enhance food security.
(ii) Economic: Enhance production and productivity, achieve higher local value addition; improve competitiveness of producers, producer organizations and small and medium sized industries, support the financial sector development.
(iii) Environmental: Enhance production taking into account the environment and its long term possibilities for the same, or increased use of productive resources while maintaining or reducing the impact on the environment.
The CFC supports implementation of activities along the value chain that:
– are innovative, scalable and replicable,\
– are financially sustainable,
– have a potential measurable positive socio-economic and environmental impact on the stakeholders in commodity value chains as compared to the prevailing baseline situation,
– develop stronger connections with existing markets or create new markets along the value chain,
– increase financial or other services available for commodity producers and commodity based businesses,
– enhance knowledge generation and information dissemination, and
– build effective and cost efficient collaboration between producers, industry, governments, civil society organizations and other stakeholders for commodity based development.
Relevance to the sustainable development goals (sdgs)
The proponents should identify and specify the SDGs to which the project will contribute, explaining how it will help to advance each selected Goal, including the following:
– SDG 1: No poverty
– SDG 2: Zero hunger
– SDG 8: Decent work and economic growth
– SDG 10: Reduced inequalities
Direct development impact: The proponent should present transparent and verifiable information concerning the baseline data and projections for:
(i) Economic impact:
– On the economic situation of the participating producer households;
– On the commercial /economic position of the applicant organization.
(ii) Social impact:
– On the position of the benefitting producer households;
– On the employment created and the wages paid by the applicant organization;
– On the welfare of special vulnerable groups such as women, youth and the poorest persons below the poverty line.
(iii) Environment impact:
– Of the processing activities by the applicant organization;
– Of the production practices of the project participants.
Please note that projects with adverse net environmental impact will not be considered by the CFC.
Indirect development impact: To the extent relevant to the project, the proponent should describe the wider impact of the project:
– On the value chain in which the applicant operates;
– On the larger market system and commodity sector.
Donor Name: The Common Fund for Commodities (CFC)
Funding name: 13th open call for proposals
Deadline: 31st, October, 2018
Funding details link: Click
● Term loans:
– Loan amount between USD 300,000 and USD 1,500,000 (or EUR equivalent);
– Loan period up to 5 years with maximum 2 year grace period;
– Collateralized with pledge / mortgage over fixed assets or with third party guarantees;
– Indicative interest rate between 5% and 10% depending on CFC’s assessment of risk and local market rates.
● Equity stake in impact investment funds and other forms of impact financing:
– Equity amount between USD 300,000 and USD 1,500,000 (or EUR equivalent);
– Minority stakes only;
– Clear exit divestment strategy;
– Board representation by a CFC nominated delegate may be required.
● Fast track financing Can be considered for activities yielding immediate results towards CFC objectives as stated under Section 4 and / or the development of innovative products and services in a pre-commercial phase:
– Financing amount of between USD 50,000 and USD 120,000 (or EUR equivalent);
– In principle, Fast Track financing concerns returnable funding with flexible financing and security conditions, under a simplified approval procedure.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: All legal public and private entities are eligible to apply under this Call for Proposals, provided they:
– operate in commodity value chains in CFC member countries or provide financial services to micro, small and medium sized businesses operating in these value chains,
– have a proven relevant track record of sound financial operations in their current and / or proposed activities over a period of at least 3 years, which can be documented by means of (audited) financial statements, and
– share CFC’s values, including internationally recognized principles concerning human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption as reflected in the United Nations Global Compact.
The amount of finance requested from CFC should not exceed 50% of the total amount required to execute the project. The balancing amount of co-financing is to be provided by the applicant and/or by other co-financiers. Such co-financing should be relative to the new funding requirement for the (investment) project. Sunk cost are not eligible to be considered as a financial contribution.
A thorough assessment of the co-financing available will form part of CFC’s final due diligence verification
Eligible Country: The CFC is inviting applications for support of commodity development activities in its member Countries at www.common-fund.org/about-us/member-states.
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● Guideline: Click
● Form (Proposal):
● Instruction for completing the application form: Click
● Balance Sheet and Income Statement: Click
● About: Click
How to apply: Please submit the completed application form and any supplementary Documents to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Or by mail addressed to the Managing Director, Common Fund for Commodities, P.O. Box 74656, 1070 BR, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh