Funding brief: This funding supports researchers to develop and test innovative ways of making health research open, accessible and reusable.
Donor Name: Wellcome Trust (WT)
Funding name: Research Fund
Deadline: 3rd, August, 2018, at 17:00 BST
Funding details link: https://wellcome.ac.uk/funding/open-research-fund
Funding limit: Up to £50,000
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Up to one year
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: You can apply to the Open Research Fund if you want to develop, pilot and evaluate innovative approaches to making health research more open. These awards are open to individuals or teams of up to six members from anywhere in the world.
You can apply if you’re based at:
● An academic research organization
● A not-for-profit body
● A private sector organization.
To be eligible, you must propose to:
● Trial innovative tools, resources or ways of working
● Evaluate the impact, benefits and risks of your work.
● They welcome proposals that encourage collaboration across international borders, and between different sectors and disciplines.
● They’re looking for ideas that enable data, code or other research outputs to be discovered, accessed and re-used. These ideas can be for new activities or to develop existing activities.
Examples of activities we’ll consider include (but are not limited to):
● Making outputs findable, accessible, interoperable and reusable (FAIR) eg implementing new approaches and standards to help researchers in the same discipline developing open platforms or tools eg for combining or repurposing datasets and other research outputs from different locations or disciplines, or for mining vast quantities of research data and content
● Improving research reproducibility eg developing tools to package data with code, assessing the reproducibility of published findings or testing new reporting standards
● Speeding up ways to find and share data eg using open lab notebooks to share research and collaborate in real-time (or near real-time)
● Looking at the role block chain technology could play in managing and disseminating research outputs and assigning credit
● Testing new metrics that offer transparent and fair ways to evaluate open research
● Embedding incentives that encourage researchers to adopt open research approaches during research and to share their research outputs
● Developing crowdsourcing approaches to increase participation in research eg annotating complex datasets or enabling co-design and development of research projects.
You can’t use this funding for:
● Open access publication costs, or other publication costs, eg colour or page charges
● Maintenance and support for ongoing running costs of an existing database, software tool or other resource, unless this involves the development of significant new functionality to benefit open research.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://wtgrants.wellcome.ac.uk/
● Sample application form for the Open Research Fund: https://wellcome.ac.uk/sites/default/files/sample-application-form-open-research-fund.pdf
● About: https://wellcome.ac.uk/sites/default/files/sample-application-form-open-research-fund.pdf
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://wtgrants.wellcome.ac.uk/).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh