Funding brief: The World Bank’s Development Data Group (DECDG), in collaboration with the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data (GPSDD), is interested in supporting innovative collaborations for data production, dissemination, and use. The collaborations should take place in low-income countries and lower-middle-income countries, and be directed towards sustainable development generally, and linked to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in particular.
This initiative is supported by the World Bank’s Trust Fund for Statistical Capacity Building (TFSCB) with financing from the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (DFID), the Government of Korea and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Ireland.
This call has been issued to target improvements where needs are continuous or recurrent, and where innovations can be readily adapted to other regions and sectors. They are interested in projects that result in data or methods which allow data to be produced faster; in a more cost effective manner; at a higher resolution or granularity; or address data gaps. Our ultimate goal is to encourage collaboration, experimentation, learning and capacity development in the field of sustainable development data.
● Scaling local data for impact: We are looking for innovations, which have an established proof of concept, and will provide more detailed, disaggregated, in-depth information to benefit local decision-making that can be replicated in other regions of the same country, or in a similar setting in a different country.
● Fostering synergies between the communities of non-official data and official statistics: They are looking for collaborations which take advantage of the relative strengths and responsibilities of official (i.e., governmental) and non-official (e.g., private sector, civil society, social enterprises and academia) actors in the data ecosystem, and which can build lasting links between them.
Donor Name: The World Bank’s Development Data Group (DECDG) and The Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data (GPSDD)
Funding name: 2018 Collaborative Data Innovations for Sustainable Development
Deadline: Proposals must be submitted by 17:00 U.S. ET, on Wednesday, August, 15th, 2018.
Funding limit: Funding may range from between $25,000 and $250,000.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Funding will commence after March, 1st, 2019. All implementation work must be completed before June, 30th, 2020, with another three months available for evaluation and documenting lessons learned.
Project duration: As above
Eligible organization: As below
● Any consortium, with at least two organizations, may apply. Consortium members may include social enterprises, for-profit companies, non-profit organizations, government agencies, international organizations, academic organizations, networks and partnerships. We are especially interested in proposals that bring different types of organizations together and in seeing these organizations contribute and integrate their data.
● To better understand how the proposed project supports action and decision making, a specific end-user of the project’s outputs (e.g., a government agency or organization who needs and can act on the outputs) must be identified and included as part of the team applying. However, the lead organization may not be a government organization (including United Nations agencies) as project awards will be in the form of vendor contracts with the World Bank and subject to World Bank’s vendor contract terms.
Eligible Country: They prioritize the funding of work in low- and lower-middle-income countries (https://datahelpdesk.worldbank.org/knowledgebase/articles/906519#Low_income).
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://wb-gpsdd-datainnovation.forms.fm/call-for-proposals-2018-collaborative-data-innovations-for-sustainable-development/forms/5070/responses/new
● Guideline: http://pubdocs.worldbank.org/en/532171487799508525/ConsultingServicesT-C-English.pdf
● FAQ: http://pubdocs.worldbank.org/en/382281490904930718/Vendor-Eligibility-FAQ.pdf
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://wb-gpsdd-datainnovation.forms.fm/call-for-proposals-2018-collaborative-data-innovations-for-sustainable-development/forms/5070/responses/new).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh