Funding brief: The WE Empower Challenge is a global business competition for women entrepreneurs who are advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals and inspiring entire communities to create the world we want by 2030.
Donor Name: The WE Empower Challenge
Funding name: The WE Empower Challenge
Deadline: July, 1st, 2018 (12:00AM EDT)
Funding details link: ]https://weempower.awardsplatform.com
Funding limit:Five selected awardees, one from each UN region, will be chosen from those who apply by 1 July 2018. The successful awardees will be notified in early August 2018 and will receive an all-expenses paid trip to New York during the UN Global Goals week (24 – 29 September 2018) to participate in a series of tailored trainings and events. Awardees will also:
● On Tuesday, September 25 participate in a dynamic pitch event hosted by Diane von Furstenberg that brings together top business, tech, venture capital and media leaders with an opportunity for one awardee to receive a $20,000 grant to further their business;
● Attend a high-level dialogue with senior UN Officials, the Council of Women World Leaders and the Women Political Leaders Global Forum;
● Participate in Global Citizen week events including a ticket to attend the Global Citizen Festival in Central Park on Saturday Sept 29th; and
● Participate at the UN Private Sector Forum event convened by the UN Secretary-General.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● Woman entrepreneur with lead decision making ability in a business.
● Business has been in operation for more than three years.
● Employ at least three full time staff (or full time equivalent)
● Proficient in spoken and written English
● Business generates at least $100,000 USD in annual sales
● Available to travel to NYC between Sunday 23, September, 2018 – Saturday, 29, September 2018.
If you are selected as a finalist, you will need to be able to provide evidence of sales (i.e. tax returns and/or audited financials)
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Register to apply: https://weempower.awardsplatform.com
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://weempower.awardsplatform.com).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh