Funding brief: The Stockholm Water Prize recognizes women, men and organizations who have made outstanding contributions to the sustainable use and protection of the world’s water resources.
Donor Name: The Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI)
Funding name: 2019 Stockholm Water Prize
Deadline: 30th, September, 2018
Funding details link: http://www.siwi.org/prizes/stockholmwaterprize/nominate/
Funding limit: Not found
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● A candidate for the Stockholm Water Prize shall have attained outstanding achievements of lasting significance for sustainable use and protection of the world’s water resources. The results achieved by the candidate shall have proven impact or great potential and provide stimulation for further important contributions to the conservation and protection of water resources and to improved health and well-being of the planet’s inhabitants and ecosystems. The main achievements of the candidate should be within one or both of the following categories:
Policy and Practices: This broad category covers achievements in the continuum from political initiatives to practical implementation that has improved the governance and management of water, as a natural and economic resource and/or as a human right and basic service. The category includes:
● Human rights, conflict resolution, influence on policies, international cooperation with application in the water sector
● Sustainable and safe management of water resources
● Provision of water supply and sanitation services
● Development and application of appropriate technologies
Research: This category includes both basic and applied research to develop new knowledge of and scientific leadership in:
● Natural, physical, and/or technological processes
● The functioning of complex systems
● Development or improvement of economical, legislative, institutional or administrative principles for efficient, equitable and sustainable water management and service provision.
● For both categories, great achievements in outreach and awareness raising are considered merits.
● This includes education and training of students, water professionals or communities as well as dissemination of information to and awareness raising of decision-makers and the general public.
● Nominations are welcome from everyone! However, self-nominations or nominations by persons with direct professional or family ties to the candidate are not allowed.
● Any woman, man or organization that have made outstanding contributions to the conservation and protection of the world’s water resources and to improved health of the planet’s inhabitants and ecosystems, may be nominated. The achievements can be within the fields of science, technology, education, public policy, or practice related to sustainable use and protection of the world’s water resources. The work of the candidate should have proven impact and/or great potential. Over the years, the Stockholm Water Prize Laureates have represented regions from all over the world and a broad range of water-related activities, professions and scientific disciplines.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: http://webforms.siwi.org/swp_s/
● About: http://www.siwi.org/about/
● FAQ: http://www.siwi.org/prizes/stockholmwaterprize/faq/
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://webforms.siwi.org/swp_s/).
● Please contact with the donor directly to know the details for applying.
● All nominations must be submitted in English.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh