Funding brief: Every two years, the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) organizes a Youth Forum. This year’s Forum will take place as part of a larger event, the UNCTAD 2018 World Investment Forum.
The 2018 theme is Youth Entrepreneurship: A Force Towards Inclusive and Sustainable Growth.
The UNCTAD Youth Forum 2018 offers the opportunity for youth to
● Exchange views and experiences and strengthen a network of future leaders from different places in the world;
● Have an interactive dialogue with global players involved in the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals where youth can raise awareness on issues they consider of major concern and that they want to see included in the international agenda;
● Learn more about UNCTAD’s work and projects with youth and have a discussion on how to get youth further involved.
UNCTAD Youth Forum 2018: The first ever UNCTAD Youth Forum took place during the fourteenth Ministerial Conference (UNCTAD 14) in Nairobi, Kenya in July 2016 where 250 youth from over 70 countries participated. During the closing session of the Ministerial Conference, youth presented a Youth Declaration on more and better jobs, education and state accountability to the member States of UNCTAD, which is integral part of UNCTAD 14 outcome documents.
Objectives of the Forum
● Exchange experiences and strengthen a network of future leaders from around the world
● Have an interactive dialogue with global players involved in the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals where youth can raise awareness on issues they consider of major concern and what areas they want to see greater action taken on
● Raise greater awareness on UNCTAD’s work and projects with youth, and discuss how to enhance youth involvement.
Donor Name: The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
Funding name: UNCTAD Youth Forum 2018
Deadline: 30th, June, 2018 at 5 p.m. Geneva Time (UTC+2).
Funding details link: http://unctad.org/en/Pages/MeetingDetails.aspx?meetingid=1852
Funding limit: Participants are expected to identify their own sources of funding for their participation.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Participants in the Forum will be pre-selected based on the following criteria:
● Be between the age of 18 and 30
● Able to speak in and understand English
● Have a valid passport (for applicants outside of Switzerland)
● Have experience (from their studies or work) in the areas of UNCTAD’s work/focus.
Evidence of projects related to trade and development (academic and professional) will be considered as experience in the field. Participants will then be invited to describe their experience in their video and/or letter of motivation (please see the application process section below).
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TQP899T
● Guideline: http://unctad.org/meetings/en/SessionalDocuments/osg_youth_2018d02_ToApply_en.pdf
● About: http://unctad.org/en/Pages/aboutus.aspx
● UNCTAD Youth Forum 2018 – Preliminary Programme: http://unctad.org/meetings/en/SessionalDocuments/osg_youth_2018d01_prog_full_en.pdf
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TQP899T).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh