Funding brief: Are you 18-30 and taking part in activities to fight climate change? Send a 3 minute video for a chance to be a youth reporter at the UN Climate Change Conference in Poland in December.
The Global Youth Video Competition on Climate Change is co-organized by the UNFCCC secretariat and the UNDP-GEF Small Grants Programme.
Category-1: Responsible production & consumption: How we make and use the products and goods they use in everyday life plays an important role in tackling climate change.
Taking raw materials from the ground, manufacturing products and then throwing away our used products and waste materials can all add to greenhouse gas emissions. But there are low-carbon ways to design, produce, supply and recycle products.
They can live more climate friendly lifestyles if we manage our natural resources sustainably, and be more energy and resource efficient during the entire life-cycle of the goods we consume.
Submit videos that showcase your activities that contribute to responsible production and consumption
Examples of submissions:
● Carrying out climate friendly solutions/ideas on how to promote sustainable production or consumption
● Campaigns to promote behavioral change
● Initiatives to reduce emissions during the lifecycle of goods, in areas such as:
Reusing goods and materials
Locally focused economy
Green and climate friendly jobs: New job opportunities are opening up in a range of environmentally-friendly sectors such as renewable energy, sustainable design, recycling, energy efficiency, electric vehicles or sustainable agriculture.
Green jobs can improve energy efficiency, limit greenhouse gas emissions, and help people adapt to the effects of climate change.
New business ideas, green industrialization, and education can all add to the creation of safe and meaningful work in a low-carbon economy.
Submit videos that showcase your activities that contribute to creation of climate friendly jobs
Examples of submissions:
● Work or new businesses that improve the economy and addresses climate change
● Green jobs and careers related to:
Construction and infrastructure
● Technical and job-based training for green jobs
● Educational campaigns promoting sustainable employment
● Research to develop a low-carbon economy
Donor Name: The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
Funding name: Global youth video competition
Deadline: 31st, August, 2018
Funding details link: http://biomovies.tve.org/competitions/global-youth-video-competition/
● Round-trip travel to 24th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 24) in Katowice, Poland, in December 2018
● Assignment as a youth reporter, assisting the UN Climate Change team with videos, articles and social media posts
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● A maximum of 3 minutes long
● You must be between 18 and 30 on the closing date
● Your video must be a maximum of three minutes
● Your video must be in English or have English subtitles
● You must be free and available to travel to Poland in December, 2018
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: http://biomovies.tve.org/competitions/global-youth-video-competition/global-youth-video-competition-entry-form/
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://biomovies.tve.org/competitions/global-youth-video-competition/global-youth-video-competition-entry-form/).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh