Funding brief: CineSpace, short film competition, is a collaboration between NASA and Houston Cinema Arts Society (HCAS) that offers filmmakers around the world a chance to share their works inspired by, and using, actual NASA imagery. Winners are announced and screened along with all finalists at the annual Houston Cinema Arts Festival which is held in November.
Each Submission must comply with the following rules:
● It must be an original work by you (apart from the NASA imagery), meaning that you (or the minor you as a parent are submitting for) were one of the work’s principal creators and have the right to submit it to the Submissions Portal and grant the licenses set forth in Terms below.
● It must have been created after January 1, 2015.
● It must either be in the English language or have English subtitles (to the extent it contains dialogue or text).
● It must be no longer than 10 minutes, including credits.
● It must contain at least 10% (total time basis of actual work – not including end credits) of NASA Video Imagery, which may be found on the NASA Archive or other publicly available sources. (NASA Imagery may be altered with After Effects or other techniques).
● The submitted works may be uploaded to the Tongal website in HD 720p 16×9 with acceptable file formats: .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv, and acceptable codecs: H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX. Different original formats should be presented in a 720p sequence – formatted to your preference.
● Cinespace screens all selections in 1080p format. Should you win, you will also be required to provide a 1080p .mov master file, using a ProRes, Animation, or Uncompressed Codec. Works created in other formats will be converted to 1080p and presented either letterboxed (wider formats) or pillarboxed (old 4:3 footage and others). To retain your own quality control we advise that you submit any alternative format footage in a 1080p sequence formatted as you wish.
● If your film was created using a cell phone, please be advised that portrait cell phone footage is difficult to present on screen. It is highly recommended to shoot any video using a cell phone in the landscape or horizontal orientation unless the portrait effect is desired.
● It must not be an excerpt from a longer work.
● It must comply with all of the content restrictions set forth in Terms. Among other things, ANY USE OF THIRD PARTY MUSIC IN THE SUBMISSION MUST BE PRE-CLEARED WITH THE APPLICABLE OWNERS/LICENSORS.
● You must have the right to grant the licenses set forth in Terms.
In general we are looking for Submissions that:
● Are based on innovative artistic presentation and storytelling
● Provoke an emotional response
● Show a mastery of filmmaking craftsmanship
● CineSpace is open to all genres and styles including, but not limited to, experimental, narrative, documentary, comedy, drama, animation, ambient, music videos, re-mix, sports, horror, and underground.
Donor Name: NASA and Houston Cinema Arts Society (HCAS)
Funding name: short film competition
Deadline: You must submit an audiovisual work (a “Submission”) that complies with the requirements of these Guidelines and Terms no later than July, 31st, 2018 at 23:59 (11:59 pm) (any time zone).
Funding details link: http://cinespace.org
Funding limit: One or more NASA judges will award the prizes as listed below:
● Grand Prize: USD 10,000
● Second Prize: USD 5,000
● Third Prize: USD 3,000
Optional: Special Judging Categories and Awards for
● Film Best Depicting Innovation and Inclusion in Science and Technology: USD 4,000
● Film Best Depicting Concept of “Moon, Mars and Beyond”: USD 4,000
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● The Screenings and Competition (hereafter “Competition”) is offered and open only to natural persons who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Parents and guardians of film makers younger than 18 can submit on their behalf.
● The following persons are not eligible to win prizes: employees of NASA, Houston Cinema Arts Society (hereafter “HCAS”) and their Board, employees of vendors to NASA or HCAS that have contracted to provide services to or in connection with the Competition, members of the Selection Committee, the Competition judges, and members of the households of the foregoing persons (collectively, the “Competition Parties”). However, if they would like to submit videos for viewing and possible inclusion as finalists, individuals affiliated with NASA should contact Dan Jacobs at email@example.com and individuals affiliated with HCAS should contact Patrick Kwiatkowski at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to discuss the details. NASA contractors may submit under certain circumstances.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: http://Tongal.com/NASACineSpace
● Guideline: http://houstoncinemaartsfestival.org/cinespace-2/cinespace-guidelines
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://Tongal.com/NASACineSpace).
To enter the Competition, you must:
● Navigate to access the Challenge Brief, Instructions, and the Submission Form. (You will need to log-in to, or create a Tongal Account to enter your submission).
● Upload your video to Tongal through the “Submit” tab of the project page. This will allow judges to view and download the submitted videos. Preferred format for upload to the Tongal website is HD 720p 16×9. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
● Should you win, you will also be required to provide a 1080p .mov master file, using a ProRes, Animation, or Uncompressed Codec. In addition, any non-English language works will be required to submit a version without subtitles and provide either an English sub-title transcript or SRT file with English subtitles – based on 1080p file.
● Fill out the required information on the Submission Form, and
● Agree to Terms in the Submitter’s Agreement.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh