Funding brief: The British Council and Daffodil Education Network (DEN) are jointly organizing a book reading competition aimed to celebrate World Book Day 2018 in Bangladesh.
World Book Day is a celebration of authors, illustrators and books. In fact, it’s the biggest celebration of its kind, designated by UNESCO as a worldwide celebration of books and reading, and marked in over 100 countries all over the world. This is the 21st year that World Book Day is being celebrated all over the world and 6th consecutive year of this competition designed to encourage children and adults of Bangladesh to explore the pleasures of book reading by providing them with the opportunity to have a book of their own.
Since 2013, the British Council celebrates World Book Day through a nation-wide book reading campaign for children, young adults and adults in four different groups. The participants read a book given to them by the British Council and then attend an assessment test at the end. Last year, the top five winners won laptops and other 95 winners won many more prizes from four different categories.
.The interested participants should collect a book from the British Council registration point, and at the end of the reading, there will be an assessment test. The books are written in easy English and the stories are enjoyable for all levels of reader. Please note that, participants need not return the book after reading
The registration starts from Tuesday, 1 May 2018. Registration can be done from all British Council offices, Daffodil Education Network (DEN) and a number of other points throughout the country. Participants need to provide one passport size photograph with the printed registration form during payment.
Donor Name: British Council
Funding name: World Book Day 2018 Book Reading Competition
Deadline: 31st, August, 2018
Funding details link: https://www.britishcouncil.org.bd/en/world-book-day-2018-book-reading-competition
Funding limit: There will be six laptops for top winners and more than 90 prizes for other winners. A certificate of attendance will also be given to all participants who will take part in the test. The topper from each group will receive a laptop. For other winners, there will be attractive prizes. The group wise distribution of prizes is as follows:
● Group: A – Class I – V (40 prizes including two laptops laptop for top winner)
● Group: B – Class VI – VIII (20 prizes including a laptop for top winner)
● Group: C – Class IX – XII (20 prizes including a laptop for top winner)
● Group: D – Any adult (20 prizes including a laptop for top winner)
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: It is open for people of all age groups –
● Group A – Class I – Class V
● Group B – Class VI – Class VIII
● Group C – Class IX – Class XII
● Group D – Any adult
Eligible Country: Bangladesh
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Register to Apply: https://britishcouncilbangladesh.wufoo.com/forms/r14y5aps1b5cgjv/
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://britishcouncilbangladesh.wufoo.com/forms/r14y5aps1b5cgjv/).
● Registration fees: BDT 400 (non- refundable)
● Group A: No test is required. Participants have to choose one of the options: drawing a picture, writing a summary, description of a character or another story based on their reading material. Then send it to the British Council, 5 Fuller Road, Dhaka 1000 by 20 September 2018 mentioning their name, registration number, book name, group and contact details.
Group B, C and D: All these groups (B, C and D) have to sit for an assessment test which contains two questions, for example: a) summary of the story or description of the characters, b) writing your views about the book reading competition/World Book Day etc.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh