Funding brief: Non profit organizations can apply to EOCA for grants of up to €30,000 to implement a conservation project in any country around the world except North America (US and Canada – where the Conservation Alliance provides funding for conservation efforts from the North American outdoor industry).
Project applications MUST:
– protect a threatened species or habitat;
– have a link to the outdoor enthusiast; AND
– involve hands-on practical conservation work.
Criteria for funding:
Link to the outdoor enthusiastL As EOCA is raising money from the European outdoor industry, they feel that conservation and restoration work should go hand-in-hand with responsible use of the ‘wild’ areas they all enjoy. Projects MUST therefore demonstrate a specific link to the outdoor enthusiast (such as hikers, bikers, kayakers, climbers, bird watchers or explorers etc).
This is intended to be a positive, rather than limiting focus and may include enhancing the visitor’s experience in an area as well as protecting an area from any detrimental impact caused by the visitor. It will make projects very relevant to those that are contributing towards their funding. As a small organization, they hope that, not only will this give the projects we support a unique and specific focus, but will help other smaller organizations, which may not otherwise be considered for funding elsewhere, attract a grant from EOCA.
Donor Name: The European Outdoor Conservation Association (EOCA)
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: 30th, June, 2018 at 12 NOON (GMT)
Funding details link: http://www.outdoorconservation.eu/project-info.cfm?pageid=20
Funding limit: Grants of up to €30,000
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: All grants awarded are for the time period of 12 – 24 months
Eligible organization: As below
● Non profit organizations can apply to EOCA for grants of up to €30,000 to implement a conservation project in any country around the world except North America (US and Canada – where the Conservation Alliance provides funding for conservation efforts from the North American outdoor industry).
The types of project EOCA will NOT support (unless they are linked with local biodiversity loss / education about conservation etc) are:
● Installation of alternative energy
● Community or social projects
● Alternative / sustainable transport
● Waste management projects (unless linked to detrimental effect on local biodiveristy / education of recreational users of the area). This includes local community recycling / incinerating projects.
● Building projects
● Projects in urban areas
● 100% research / PhD’s / MSC’s / expeditions / conference attendance
● 100% education projects
● Animal welfare and rehabiliation of captive animals
● EOCA will also NOT support projects:
● Which are party political or linked to religious groups
● Covering general overheads, maintenance costs or salary payments
● Seeking the acquisition of buildings
● Promoting violent or illegal action
● Involving lobbying governments / campaigning on environmental issues
Eligible Country: Any country around the world except North America (US and Canada)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: http://www.outdoorconservation.eu/project-application.cfm
● About: http://www.outdoorconservation.eu/about-us.cfm
● FAQ: http://www.outdoorconservation.eu/project-info.cfm?pageid=75
● Policy on Applying for Funding: http://www.outdoorconservation.eu/download/788DFBF4-0E38-E5A0-C36AFBCC6E4DAD47.pdf
● Funding Application Questions: http://www.outdoorconservation.eu/download/AC245DE3-BEFE-D384-0D395D1D082F70A1.docx
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://www.outdoorconservation.eu/project-application.cfm).
● All applications MUST be completed in English. Please include with your application:
● A copy of some documentation that proves your organisation is registered, non profit.
● At least one (preferably two) reference / letter of recommendation from an organization that has provided funding to you in the past and you would not mind us contacting, if your project is shortlisted. The letter must outline how they have funded you in the past and how they worked with you.
● A budget for the amount you have applied for in Euros (€): how exactly will the funds be used? This should include details of how the rest of the project will be funded – where will the remaining funds come from? Please note we will not pay for ongoing staff costs (such as pension / insurance etc) or office overheads (electricity, heating, stationery etc). The budget does not need to be very detailed, but give an outline of how the project is broken down and where the funding for each section will be coming from.
● If the undertaking of the project is dependent on securing other grants / funding as well as one from EOCA, or will not go ahead without other funding being obtained, please make this point clear on your budget spreadsheet.
● If you are able to access match funding, or further funding from a different source due to a grant being made from EOCA, please also give details of this in your application form.
● Short documents (2-3 pages, no more!) with some images of the project area and showing the issue / problem, as well as a map of where it is all located, would also be very useful!
Once your application is filled in, you will also need to attach:
● A copy of some documentation that proves your organization is registered, non profit
● Budget for the amount you have applied for in Euros (€) – how exactly will the funds be used
● At least one reference letter from a previous funder that we can also contact in the event your project gets through to the short-list.
● You can add an optional fourth document (such as some images of the project area) to support your application if required.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh