Funding brief: Japan Water Form Fund will provide grants for organizations which aim at solving water-related issues at grassroots level. They hope that it will be a small but certain step to solve water-related issues while meeting local needs as well as utilizing local resources.
Japan Water Forum (JWF) carries out JWF Fund 2018 to support organizations in developing countries addressing the water-related issues at grassroots level. Successful applicants are provided with grants. JWF Fund is formed and operated by utilizing membership fees of Japan Water Forum and donations to Charity for Water. During the past 13 years, JWF Fund supported 163 projects in 28 countries, benefiting more than 196,000 people.
A project which is planned and will faithfully be implemented along the following themes will be considered.
● Construction/repair of rainwater harvesting tank, well, and water reservoir.
● Installation of small scale type water supply system.
● Construction/repair of sanitation facility.
● Maintenance/improvement of water resource environment.
● Installation/promotion of water efficiency irrigation system.
● Implementation of water-related disaster risk reduction/mitigation program.
If you plan to implement the project except the themes above, please specify the theme in the APPLICATION FORM B.
It is advisable that the project includes awareness-raising programs/training programs for capacity building and sustainability of the project.
Donor Name: The Japan Water Forum (JWF)
Funding name: JWF Fund 2018
Deadline: The closing date for applications is 6:00 p.m. (GMT+9), 31st, July, 2018.
Funding details link: http://www.waterforum.jp/en/news_en/grassroots_en/2018/0601/?p=8868
Funding limit: Up to US$1,000 per a selected project
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: The selected projects have to be started as soon as the grants are received, which will be the end of September 2018, and the activity in the field should be completed by the end of February 2019.
Project duration: About 5 months
Eligible organization: As below
● The local grassroots organizations that work in countries/territories below can apply for the JWF Fund. National governments, local governments and private companies cannot apply for the fund.
Least Developed Countries: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Rep., Chad, Comoros, Congo Dem. Rep., Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen and Zambia
Other Low-income Countries: D.P.R. Korea and Zimbabwe
Lower Middle-income Countries/Territories: Armenia, Bolivia, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Congo Rep., Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, El Salvador, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tokelau, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Viet Nam and West Bank Gaza Strip
*The classification is based on DAC List of ODA Recipients by OECD: https://www.oecd.org/dac/financing-sustainable-development/development-finance-standards/DAC_List_ODA_Recipients2018to2020_flows_En.pdf
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://www.waterforum.jp/wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/JWF-Fund-2018_Guidelines.pdf
● Form (Proposal): http://www.waterforum.jp/wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/JWF-Fund-2018_Application-form_word.docx
● About: http://www.waterforum.jp/en/about_us/
● JWF Prospectus: http://www.waterforum.jp/download/JWF_Prospectus.pdf
How to apply:
● All of the applications shall be filled out using the application format, and written in English. Please contact email@example.com for inquiries about other languages.
● Once you submitted the application, substitution of the application is not acceptable.
● Contact and submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh