Funding brief: With this new call for proposals, SDC is looking for innovations in city region food systems that can reach millions of people living in poverty.
The proposal shall consider the following strategic considerations:
Innovations in city region food systems shall provide future oriented, practical and sustainable solutions in which the relationships between rural and urban spaces for more inclusion, sustainability, efficiency and for increased availability of nutritious, healthy and available food are redesigned.
From a production perspective, circular systems, agroecological approaches, and family farming as a way of life are to be valued
From a consumption perspective, enough safe, nutritious and culturally appropriate food for everyone is needed and non-resilient patterns of urban development be broken out.
A great deal of attention shall be placed on the promotion of employment and development opportunities for young men and women as well as on enhancing gender equality.
SDC has a track record of working this area such as transboundary cooperation, Local Economic Development, migration and development and medium towns. SDC has started to reflect and draw lessons from those experiences. First results of this learning journey on urban-rural dynamics initiated by SDC should be considered. https://www.shareweb.ch/site/Agriculture-and-Food-Security/news/Documents/2018_03_19_AFS_input_to_SDC_LJ_Rural_Urban_Links.pdf
● Contributions to projects and initiatives together with other donors and/or contributions to ongoing projects are eligible and should underline SDC’s added value.
● Public/private partnerships and cooperation among multi-stakeholders are highly welcome.
● Synergies and complementarities to existing SDC financed programmes are welcome.
● The main emphasis of this project will not only be placed on the innovation phase of the process. The mechanism of diffusion and leveraging wider impact (scaling up, crowding in, learning and knowledge) will be as important and has to be part of the project from the beginning.
● Issues like impact on poverty, on the environment, on social relationships, on gender the project is aiming at as well as the number of people the adoption of these innovations has the potential to reach are important selection criterions for the evaluation of the offers.
Donor Name: Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)
Funding name: City region food systems
Deadline: 11th, June, 08:00 CET
Funding limit: SDC’s contribution will indicatively range between CHF 800’000 – CHF 1.2 Million per year. The amount for the first phase shall range between 3.2 and 4.4 Mio CHF.
The presented budget shall include the full cost of the project and show all cost and all sources of finances. In the framework of this procedure, SDC might choose 1 proposal for funding.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: The duration of the intervention is limited to maximum 2 phases of 4 years each. The first phase of the project shall last 4 years and the approval of the second phase is subjected to the performance of the first phase.
Eligible organization: As below
● Any local or international institution or consortium with experience in the above-mentioned field and able to demonstrate a capacity to develop and implement projects of similar volume and complexity may participate.
● Consortium of complementary institutions are allowed. Applicants, which already receive a programme contribution from the SDC, through the Institutional Partnership Division, will not be eligible for proposing a project.
● The conditions of the federal department of foreign affairs regarding contributions are applicable.
Eligible Country: According to SDC’s position paper on Rural-Urban link, this project should focus on small and middle-sized towns (market towns) in developing countries (LDC) as entry point and be aligned with other SDC and SECO initiatives. The Project or initiative shall be relevant at local level or its implementation allows for testing, replication, up scaling and/or main streaming at global level with tangible results in the next 4 years. Furthermore, a clear link to policy frameworks at regional and global levels is required. The Project or initiative shall be relevant at local level and have a clear link to policy frameworks at national, regional and global levels.
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Guideline: https://www.shareweb.ch/site/Agriculture-and-Food-Security/news/Documents/2018_04_18_call_gpfs_city_region.pdf
● About: https://www.shareweb.ch/site/Agriculture-and-Food-Security/aboutus/Pages/Overview.aspx
● Agriculture and Food Security: https://www.shareweb.ch/site/Agriculture-and-Food-Security
How to apply: The proposals have to be submitted electronically by 11June 08:00 CET latest to the following email address: email@example.com, subject: City Region Food Systems.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh