Funding brief: In 2015, all 193 United Nations member countries signed on to 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to “create the future we want in 2030.”SDGs&Her is an online competition for women entrepreneurs to showcase how they are supporting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through their business operations. The objectives of the initiative are to:
● Recognize women implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including women business owners of microenterprises;
● Increase knowledge about the SDGs and their potential impacts on women among non-traditional audiences; and
● Collaborate with private sector partners on all SDGs, but SDG5 in particular; to share best practices and innovative ideas.
Donor Name: The World Bank Group
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: June, 30th, 2018
● The top winners will be recognized in September, 2018 at an event on the margins of the 2018 UN General Assembly High-Level Week in New York. The stories of the winning women entrepreneur (and many other notable entries) will be shared through partners’ social media and websites.
● Winners will receive leadership training, mentoring.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: To be eligible you must:
● Be a woman owner of a business that has been in operation for at least 3 years
● Own a micro-enterprise, with at least 1 and no more than 9 employees
● Have a loan eligibility of under USD $10,000 or annual sales of under USD $100,000
● The competition is open to women who own and/or lead microenterprises (1-9 employees; under USD $10,000 loan eligibility OR annual sales under $100,000).
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://sdgsandher.awardsplatform.com).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh