Funding brief: The call is for innovative models that open up access to high-impact products for underserved consumers in hard-to-reach rural locations. They are open to applications focused in countries across sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
TRANSFORM’s goal is to enable access for 100 million people to products that will enhance their livelihoods, in areas as diverse as lighting, energy and WASH. Many of these people live in rural, hard-to-reach areas. New routes to reach these communities will therefore be critical to achieving TRANSFORM’s impact goals.
They are looking for the best innovations that will scale last-mile distribution networks in rural areas, and have the potential to do so cost-effectively. These can include access delivered through small-scale retailers, agent-based models, distributors, eCommerce, or those that they haven’t thought of yet. They are especially interested in models that also bring an approach to creating demand for high-impact products and that can inspire positive consumer behavior change. Models benefitting women or that are globally replicable are especially welcome.
They are looking to collaborate with social entrepreneurs and innovators who would like to test something new to unlock opportunities for their business to scale.
Specifically, we look for business project ideas that:
● Have the potential to be financially viable at scale. An income generation model should be clear.
● Have the potential to meet the household needs of low-income consumers, including beneficiaries in Living Standards Measure (LSM) categories 1-3.
● Create impact in DFID’s priority countries in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia, or have clear applicability to ones of these geographies.
● Have the potential to reach scale by 2025, reaching a large number of beneficiaries.
● Address the challenge in a new way. Applications should propose innovative solutions.
● Are delivered by organizations and individuals with a strong track record, and with adequate resources in the market country to implement the project.
● Have relevance to one of TRANSFORM’s partners, so they can maximize the value we can contribute to the project.
Donor Name: Unilever and DFID
Funding name: Transform
Deadline: 5th, June, 2018
Funding details link: https://www.transform.global/modules/market/MarketIdeas.aspx?appid=2&themeId=1
Funding limit: Grant funding between £100,000 – £300,000, subject to contracting and disbursed according to the delivery of agreed milestones.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: 24 months
Eligible organization: As below
● They invite social entrepreneurs and innovators creating impact in target geographies to submit project proposals for technical assistance and funding to develop, test, and prepare their ideas for scale.
Eligible Country: They are open to countries across sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia, with a particular interest in Nigeria, Ethiopia, India, Bangladesh and Myanmar.
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Register to apply: https://www.transform.global/access/SignUp.aspx
● Guideline: https://www.transform.global/upload/storage/TRANSFORM_OpenCall_ApplicantGuidelines.pdf
● About: https://www.transform.global/modules/help/Market.aspx?id=2
● FAQ: https://www.transform.global/modules/help/Market.aspx?id=4
● TRANSFORM Terms and Conditions: https://www.transform.global/upload/storage/TRANSFORM_Participant_Terms_and_Conditions_Final_en-GB.pdf
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://www.transform.global/access/SignUp.aspx).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh