Funding brief: The French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD) supports the Developing Countries scientific communities in their search for autonomy, international recognition and in the development of research collaborative networks.
The “Jeunes Équipes Associées à l’IRD” (JEAI) is designed to promote and strengthen new research teams in the Developing Countries through partnership with IRD research units.
It aims at enabling a group of researchers to form a team, via the completion of a research project and training through research.
The completion of the project, in close cooperation with the IRD research unit, should act as a catalyst for the supported team to become an authority in their field, facilitating their integration into national and international scientific networks.
The projects presented focus on current major societal, health and environmental issues, with reference to Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) by 2030.
They are part of the IRD’s scientific strategy as defined in its Strategic Orientation Plan (POS) and in its Objectives and Performance Contract (COP).
Donor Name: The French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)
Funding name: Jeunes équipes associées à l’IRD (JEAI) Program 2018
Deadline: 07th, July, 2018
Funding limit: Every JEAI created will receive aid depending on the project’s requirements. A maximum of €50,000 for 3 years will be allocated to finance operating expenses, small equipment, local assignments, international assignments (as a priority for researchers of the developing countries), and participation in symposiums and to cover any potential publication expenses. As regards the institutions that will directly administrate the funding allocated to the teams, the management fees are limited to 10%.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: 3 years
Eligible organization: As below
● A JEAI must include at least three full-time researchers to guarantee the continuity of the team. These researchers may or may not belong to the same institution.
● They recommend a single base of operations for the JEAI but this is not imperative. In the event of multiple locations, their relationship or interactions as well as associated governance arrangements must be described in detail.
● They remind you that the French overseas territories and communities are not eligible for this call for proposals.
● The JEAI’s leader must have successfully presented his/her thesis prior to the deadline for the submission of the application for this call.
The JEAI’s leader and his/her correspondent must remain in these positions throughout the duration of the JEAI.
One individual cannot simultaneously be the leader (or correspondent) of two JEAIs.
The team project is run as part of a partnership with at least one IRD research unit While a JEAI must undertake actions in conjunction with this unit, it should conduct its own research independently. However, the partial overlap between the scientific fields of the team and the unit is a plus which should encourage the scientific guidance of the applicant team throughout the support process while building lasting ties based on exchange and mutual interest.
A team carrying a project in the frame of another IRD structuring program, as the International Joint Laboratories (IJL), is not allowed to submit a JEAI project.
Eligible Country: The JEAI 2018 call for proposals will pay particular attention to scientific projects supported by research institutions from Least Developed Countries (LDCs).
Submission mail: email@example.com
How to apply: Project submission is then a 2-stage process:
1) The full application is sent in electronic format only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7 July 2018. The constituent documents are described in detail below.
The application is a single PDF file named “AAP2018_JEAI_ACRONYM”
The single PDF file aggregates all the constituent documents of the application into a single document (not password protected).
An acknowledgement of receipt confirms that the application has been received.
2) The eligible applications are subject to a scientific assessment by the IRD’s scientific assessment bodies prior to a final decision by the CEO of IRD.
The constituent documents of the application are as follows:
– a fully completed application form (2018 JEAI application form);
– a schedule of activities;
– a covering letter from the leader of the applicant team;
– a letter of support for the JEAI project from the scientific correspondent belonging to the IRD research unit;
– a recommendation letter from the director (or deputy director) of the IRD research unit pledging his/her support to the applicant JEAI should it be selected. This letter should specify the position of the JEAI project within the IRD Component of the joint research unit;
– a substantiated letter of agreement from the manager(s) of the institution in the developing countries to which the team members belong, outlining their commitments in terms of support for the project should the application be successful (crucial document for the contracting process).
The originals of all the documents sent electronically must be retained by the applicant team.
They may be requested if the project is selected.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh