Funding brief: The purpose of these rules is to regulate the awarding of grants and financial aid by the Barcelona Zoo Foundation within the limits established in its 2018 budget to those entities, institutions and persons considered of interest.
Grants and aids shall be awarded in the framework of a collaboration agreement subject to these rules.
These grants and financial aids shall promote projects in accordance with general objectives in the scope of research and conservation at the Barcelona Zoo Foundation, which are set out below:
1. To make constant improvement possible in the wellbeing of the individuals kept at the Zoo facilities, increasing knowledge related to the physiology, genetics, nutrition, medicine, parasitology, breeding, biology and other biological aspects that lead to the continual improvement of the quality of life of the animals living at the Zoo.
2. Contribute to research on the factors that determine the extinction of animal species and that have a negative impact on the conservation of the ecosystems and natural habitats to help correct them, with special attention paid to the planet’s habitats that stand out for their biological richness and diversity.
3. Produce and employ quality science that helps to take decisions on handling both ex situ and in situ animals in their habitats of origin.
4. Foster dissemination among visitors and society at large of the scientific practice applied to wildlife and their conservation in order to contribute to raising people’s awareness and education.
5. Publish and share the results and conclusions of research with the world of zoological and conservation parks.
6. Provide technical support (facilities, veterinary or species handling knowledge among others) to research and conservation projects.
7. Create synergies with other research groups and/or conservation projects currently underway, which optimize the efficacy of the results of the projects awarded grants. 8. Stimulate publications in scientific journals with high impact and dissemination.
The research projects submitted to the call for proposals for grants/aids of the Barcelona Zoo Foundation must be adapted to the general lines of research in the Barcelona Zoo’s Research and Conservation Plan, which are:
1. Research applied to conservation, both in situ and ex situ, at a global level
2. Research applied to animal wellbeing and knowledge of species in their environment
3. Research applied to the conservation of Mediterranean biodiversity
Among the proposals submitted for 2018, projects shall be given priority that contain or make reference to these specific fields of activity:
● Study and conservation of Mediterranean animals
● Study and conservation of endangered autochthonous species
● Study and conservation of species catalogued as vulnerable, endangered or critically endangered on the IUCN Red List
● Development of activities in the scope of local communities close to the conservation areas of species
Donor Name: The Barcelona Zoo Foundation
Funding name: No specific fund name
Deadline: The deadline for submitting applications and projects shall be from the time these rules are published and until 3rd, June, 2018.
Funding limit: The amount that will be allocated to each of the grants and aids shall be determined by the jury according to the financial drawdowns approved by the Barcelona Zoo Foundation Trust.
The Barcelona Zoo Foundation, for specific research projects submitted by external parties, shall generally contribute up to one-third (33%) of the total annual budget of the submitted and approved project. Thus, one of the compulsory requirements for a project to be approved is its capacity to self-finance two-thirds (67%) of its total budget, which must be suitably documented.
Favourable consideration shall be given to the fact that other institutions collaborate with financing specific projects, provided that said institutions have an action model compatible with that of the Barcelona Zoo and with the philosophy and objectives of this call for proposals.
It shall be the participant’s responsibility to ensure that the rest of the monetary amount of the project is directly paid by the party or co-financed by third parties (public or private entities).
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: The entities, institutions and people that meet the conditions and requirements set out below may be beneficiaries of the grants and aids made reference to in these rules:
● For a natural person, have a bachelor’s or master’s degree
● Be duly established as a legal person, as applicable
● For legal persons, that they do non-profit activities or, otherwise, that the profits are reinvested in the activities for which the grant or aid is awarded
● Be up-to-date with tax obligations with the City Council, Spanish Tax Administration and Social Security
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● Guideline: https://www.fundaciobarcelonazoo.cat/fileadmin/user_upload/FundaZoo_proyectos/convocatorias/BASES_PRIC_2018_ANG.pdf
How to apply: The applications to participate in this call for proposals can be downloaded from the Barcelona Zoo website http://www.zoobarcelona.cat or the Barcelona Zoo Foundation website http://www.fundaciobarcelonazoo.cat. Interested parties shall have to submit their projects within the timeline for submitting applications that is established in these rules, along with the application form (appendix 1) and the project description form. Only one application can be submitted per project and the line of research must be explicitly set out and whether the conservation project is related to autochthonous (native) or allochthonous (non-native) animals. Applications, projects and the descriptive sheet may be presented in Catalan, Spanish or English, filled out electronically and submitted on digital formats.
● Submission method: the application and projects shall be sent to the Barcelona Zoo
● Foundation in PDF format to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh