Funding brief: This funding opportunity is offered to young scientists to enrich thier capacity and experience as a scientist through implementing their own research project and collaborating with their supervisor. For detailed information for applying, please read “Framework of CGF.”
The Nagao Natural Environment Foundation (NEF) has launched out into a new programme, i.e., the NEF Commemorative Grant Fund for Capacity Building of Young Scientists (CGF), for a 10-year period up to 2025, aiming at capacity building of young scientists in developing countries of the AsiaPacific region; both of the CGF Programme and the ongoing Research Grant Programme (under the NEF Research Grant Scheme) will be simultaneously progressed.
The CGF Programme is directed towards helping young scientists in this region grow up as worldclass scientists in the areas of, or related to, conservation of wildlife and ecosystem in their own country or in the Asia-Pacific region. In this programme, research projects with high priority include fieldwork-based studies which are scientifically outstanding and socio culturally sound. Each project should be implemented by a project scientist (PS) from Asia-Pacific developing countries, with adequate support of, and collaboration with, a project coordinator (PC), who has excellent scientific achievements and intends to take responsibilities for the research project.
Eligible research fields: The research project is expected to contribute to nature conservation of the country where the PS lives, or currently works or studies, focusing on living organisms, especially wildlife and ecosystem, from such standpoints/foci as follows:
● Biology, especially ecology, taxonomy, and distribution and current status of wildlife,
● Biodiversity (i.e., species diversity, genetic diversity, and ecosystem diversity), threatened species, alien species, and restoration of ecosystem, and/or relationships between nature and humans (e.g., ecosystem services and sustainable use of biological resources).
Notes: Examples of declined research proposals:
● Be focused on development of agricultural, forestry, and/or fisheries industries,
● Be difficult in handling by an individual researcher but by a large group of researchers,
● Be funded by other organizations, and
● Be already completed in the major part of the study.
Donor Name: The Nagao Natural Environment Foundation (NEF)
Funding name: NEF Commemorative Grant Fund for Capacity Building of Young Scientists – CGF Programme
Deadline: Application deadlines for this year are twice a year: 31 July 2018 and 31st, January, 2019.
Funding details link: http://www.nagaofoundation.or.jp/e/index.html
● The maximum grant size is 1,500,000 Japanese yen per project, while additional budget for the PC is available for his/her expenses of travel to the study site of the PS.
● The total annual budget for the CGF Programme amounts to 20,000,000 Japanese yen.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Basically two years, although, for the cases that the PS is a doctor course student, the funded duration may be extended to the minimum years needed for conferment of doctor degree from the university/college where he/she is enrolled.
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility to Project Scientist (PS) The Project Scientist (PS) must:
1) be a national of one of the above-mentioned countries, less than 40 years old,
2) be a researcher, who works or studies full-time in a university or research institution in one of the above-mentioned countries, under any of the following three situations:
having a PhD or Doctor’s degree,
being/to be enrolled in a doctor (PhD) course of the university/research institution, or
having at least 3 years of research work experience and sound record of scholarly publications,
3) be not a recipient of on-going research or publication project of the NEF nor an applicant of any other grant of the NEF, at the time of application
Eligible Country: The target countries in the Asia-Pacific region include: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Kiribati, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federal of), Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Palau, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Vietnam.
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
Framework of CGF (English): http://www.nagaofoundation.or.jp/topics/documents/CGF_Framework.en.pdf
Framework of CGF (Japanese): http://www.nagaofoundation.or.jp/topics/documents/CGF_Framework.jp.pdf
F● orm (Proposal- Project Scientist): http://www.nagaofoundation.or.jp/topics/documents/CGF_ApplicationForm_PS.docx
● Form (Proposal- Project Coordinator): http://www.nagaofoundation.or.jp/topics/documents/CGF_ApplicationForm_PC.docx
● About: http://www.nagaofoundation.or.jp/e/about/index.html
How to apply: The PS is requested to download the “CGF Application Form for Project Scientist (PS)” from our website (http://nagaofoundation.or.jp/e/index.html). The PC is requested to download the “CGF Form for Project Coordinator (PC)” from the same website. Nonetheless, both the PS and the PC are recommended to download all above-mentioned forms for preparation of the research proposal.
The PS is requested to submit a set of completed forms, i.e., “CGF Application Form for PS” and “CGF Form for PC,” after transformation into PDF format, to the NEF Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) by e-mail.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh