Funding brief: Young people from around the world are invited to enter the 2018 International Essay Contest for Young People organized by the Goi Peace Foundation, a Key Partner of the Global Action Programme on ESD (GAP).
The annual contest is organized in an effort to harness the energy, creativity and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
The theme for this year’s contest is: THE CHANGE I WANT TO MAKE
What is the one thing you would like to change the most to make your school, workplace, community, country or the world a better place? How would you bring about that change? Please share your concrete ideas.
Donor Name: The United Nations Organization for Education, Science and Culture (UNESCO) and The Goi Peace Foundation
Funding name: International Essay Contest for Young People 2018
Deadline: The deadline for entry is 15th, June, 2018 (23:59 your local time).
Funding limit: First Prize winners will be invited to Tokyo, Japan, and will receive the Minister of Education Award at the Goi Peace Foundation Forum in November 2018.
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
● 1st Prize: Certificate, prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$900 as of February 2018) and gift … 1 entrant
● 2nd Prize: Certificate, prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$450 as of February 2018) and gift … 2 entrants
● 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift … 5 entrants
● Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift … 25 entrants
- 1st prize winners will be invited to the award ceremony to be held in Tokyo, Japan on November 23, 2018 and will receive the Minister of Education Award. (Travel expenses will be covered by the organizer.)
- Additional awards (Recognition for Effort, Best School Award, School Incentive Award) will be given if applicable.
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2018) in one of the following age categories: a) Children (ages up to 14) b) Youth (ages 15 – 25)
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://goipeace-essaycontest.org/
● About: https://en.unesco.org/about-us/introducing-unesco
● Guideline: https://www.goipeace.or.jp/en/work/essay-contest/
● FAQ: https://www.goipeace.or.jp/work/essay-contest/#Essay-FAQ
Essay Contest 2018 Flyer (PDF):
● English: https://www.goipeace.or.jp/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Essay-Contest-2018E.pdf
● Japanese: https://www.goipeace.or.jp/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Essay-Contest-2018J.pdf
● French: https://www.goipeace.or.jp/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Essay-Contest-2018F.pdf
● Spanish: https://www.goipeace.or.jp/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Essay-Contest-2018S.pdf
● German: https://www.goipeace.or.jp/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Essay-Contest-2018G.pdf
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://goipeace-essaycontest.org/).
● Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, excluding essay title and cover page. Essays may be typed or printed.
● Entries may be submitted by postal mail or online.
● Entries submitted by postal mail must include a cover page (free format) indicating
(1) category (Children or Youth) (2) your essay title (3) your name (4) address (5) phone number (6) e-mail (7) nationality (8) age as of June 15, 2018 (9) gender (10) school name (if applicable) (11) word count.
● Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group. Please enclose a list of participants’ names, ages and the name and contact information of the submitting teacher or director.
● Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
● Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
● Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh