Funding brief: Impact grants are open to applications from medium-sized, non-government organizations registered in the UK, one of the lowest 50 countries in the UN HDI or in a country considered to be of high or moderate fragility.
Themes: there are no specific thematic areas of interest for this particular funding round but applications must be able to demonstrate how they are addressing the Global Goals.
The grants are designed to bring tangible change to the lives of the poorest and most marginalized, on a large scale.
Donor Name: Department for International Development fund (DFID), UK Aid Direct
Funding name: Impact grants
Deadline: The closing date for submitting concept notes is Wednesday, 13th, June, 2018 at 17:00 (GMT).
Funding details link: https://www.ukaiddirect.org/apply/impact/
● Grants are available from between £250,001 and £4,000,000 for projects of 3 – 5 years, for organizations with an average annual income of less than £10,000,000 per annum for the past 3 years.
● Organizations must be able to provide 25% of the funds per project as match funding and state the source of funding.
● DFID will provide up to 75% of the total project costs. Your organization or consortium must secure the remaining 25% (or more), either from your own resources or from another external source but excluding all other DFID funds.
● The match funding for the first year must be in place before the start of the project, and the organization will be assessed for its capacity to continue to match fund throughout the duration of the project.
● “In kind” contributions cannot be used as part of the match funding. “In kind” contributions are services or items made available to support the project which are not paid for out of the project budget and would not be presented in income and expenditure statements in your organizational accounts, or those of your implementation partner(s).
● Proposals deemed to be technically strong would stand an increased chance of being successful if they demonstrate a level of match funding above the minimum 25%.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
● From between 3 to 5 years, proposals for 3+ years must be supported by a compelling case for longer duration.
● UK Aid Direct Impact grants can be used to fund new, time-limited projects of up to 60-month (5 years) duration. Additional components of on-going programmes must be clearly identifiable as discrete projects, with a well-defined project outcome, a clear, time-limited schedule for delivery, and a distinct budget.
Eligible organization: As below
● Impact grants are open to applications from medium sized, non-governmental organizations that are registered as a not-for-profit organization in the UK, in one of the lowest 50 countries in the UN Human Development Index (HDI) or in one of the countries that DFID considers to be of high or moderate fragility (https://www.ukaiddirect.org/about/impact-registration-countries/ ).
● New organizations with fewer than 3 years of accounts may also apply but in such cases, average annual income will be calculated based on the organization’s length of operation.
To be eligible:
● The average annual income of each consortium member organization must be less than £10,000,000
● The total combined income of consortium members may exceed £10,000,000
● If registered as a separate legal entity, the average annual income of the consortium must be less than £10,000,000
● If the formal consortium does not have its own management structure, one member of the consortium will need to be elected as the ‘lead’ organization, i.e. the organization through which all funding would be channeled and who would operate as the main point of contact with DFID for the duration of the project.
● Organizations may apply both as an individual organization and as a member of a consortium at the same time.
● If successful, the consortium grant would be counted as a grant held by each of the consortium members and would count towards the maximum combined grant model allowance of 5 live UK Aid Direct grants of different grant types.
Eligible Country: Projects can be set up in one or more of these project countries (https://www.ukaiddirect.org/about/project-countries/), made up of the lowest 50 countries in the UN Human Development Index (HDI) and countries DFID considers to be of high or moderate fragility.
● UK Aid Direct funds cannot be used for poverty alleviation work or awareness raising activities in the UK.
Afghanistan, Angola, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo (Democratic Republic of The), Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt (Arab Republic of), Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Haiti, Iraq, Kenya, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, The Occupied Palestinian Territories, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Swaziland, Tanzania (United Republic of), Turkmenistan, Togo, Tajikistan, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe and UK.
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
-Concept note: https://www.ukaiddirect.org/apply/impact/apply/completing-a-concept-note/
-Full application: https://www.ukaiddirect.org/apply/impact/apply/full-application/
● Guideline: https://www.ukaiddirect.org/apply/impact/guidance/
● About: https://www.ukaiddirect.org/about/
● FAQ: https://www.ukaiddirect.org/apply/impact/faqs/
How to apply: Applying for an Impact grant is a 2-staged process:
● The submission of a concept note (https://www.ukaiddirect.org/apply/impact/apply/completing-a-concept-note/)
● A full application (https://www.ukaiddirect.org/apply/impact/apply/full-application/) (if an organization is successful)
All applicants will need to firstly:
● Register online to apply
● Complete an eligibility assessment
● Complete a concept note
● All applications must be submitted online. Applications sent via email or post will not be accepted.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh