Funding brief: Village to Raise a Child is a program established by the Harvard Social Innovation Collaborative that identifies and nurtures young social entrepreneurs from around the world. These students—called “Global Trailblazers”—are selected via a global competition that searches for the most inspiring high schoolers with the most innovative ideas from countries around the globe. Global Trailblazers spend one week at Harvard University in Cambridge, MA to develop their projects and leadership skills, and pitch their project to the annual Igniting Innovation Summit.
Village to Raise a Child was established because we believe that everyone’s ideas should have the potential to grow and succeed, regardless of age or region of the world. They also believe that giving young people the tools and skills to think creatively about problems, devise community-based solutions, and execute them successfully will empower not just those students but their entire communities.
Taken from the old adage “it takes a village to raise a child,” our name reflects three important values of our program:
● Community-wide effort: It takes a village to raise a child, and using social innovation to improve communities also requires a collaborative effort amongst students, mentors in their communities, and resources provided by our program.
● Youth involvement: Youth should be taken seriously in their ability to affect consequential change in their communities – their creativity and optimism are too valuable to waste.
● Youth empowerment: Young people should be provided with the resources they need to execute their ideas and better the villages that raised them.
Donor Name: The Harvard Social Innovation Collaborative (SIC)
Funding name: The village to raise a child 2018
Deadline: The application will close on June, 7th, 2018 at 11:59 pm EST
Funding details link: http://ignitinginnovationsummit.com/program#
Funding limit: VTRAC will cover all costs for individual Global Trailblazers. VTRAC will cover all costs for one representative of winning groups, and additional students from winning groups are welcome to attend the program if they can cover the cost of their own airfare to Boston, MA.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● The Village to Raise a Child program is open to any student or group of students (up to 5) from any country who is currently enrolled in a high school or its equivalent at the time of their visit to Harvard – as such, students cannot be entering college or an equivalent program in the calendar year 2018. Note that VTRAC can only cover the full program expenses (including airfare) of one student in a winning group, but additional students from winning groups are welcome if they can cover the cost of their own airfare to Boston, MA.
● Applicants must have an innovative idea or recently initiated project that attempts to solve a community-wide problem. Applicants do not need to speak English fluently, but strong familiarity with the language is required.
● Students can access our application at Village to Raise a Child application.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: http://ignitinginnovationsummit.com/apply/
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://ignitinginnovationsummit.com/apply/ or https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSced6BZ9dG4lFl06v7OoVih2S4kqrnMoQKgTKvEoZ55gcFKfA/viewform ).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh