Funding brief: BridgeBuilder invests in the building and repairing of unique bridges between people, organizations, issues, and beliefs at the intersections of peace, prosperity, and planet. In doing so, BridgeBuilder aims to promote meaningful engagement, greater social cohesion, and sustainable, community-led change.
Our world, our countries, and our communities are facing great challenges: from conflict to inequality to natural disasters. These issues stretch beyond borders and across cultures, they demand our collective attention, collaboration and best thinking to overcome them.
Communities far and wide are tackling these challenges in ways that could benefit from further support and connection to one another. This innovation Challenge—conducted in collaboration with GHR Foundation—will support organizations working to address urgent global challenges at the intersections of peace, prosperity, and planet in radically new ways. How might we design and innovate together for the global good?
During the Ideas Phase, they’ll call on our global community to share ideas that bring people together to address urgent challenges at the intersections of peace, prosperity, and planet in radically new ways. The ideas do not need to be perfect or fully polished—in fact, they encourage early entry in the Ideas phase so that Community engagement will allow you to iterate and improve your idea.
With help from our Challenge sponsor, they’ll select a short list of submitted ideas that will move into the Beneficiary Feedback Phase. During Beneficiary Feedback, they’ll ask contributors to test ideas in their communities and apply feedback to their proposal. Short listed participants will be expected to participate fully in gathering user feedback at the community level.
During the Expert Feedback Phase, short listed ideas will have the opportunity to be matched with experts from various fields to gather feedback and additional insights. After expert feedback, they’ll open the Improve Phase, during which each idea will have three weeks to apply the expert feedback to their proposal, finalize it and resubmit it along with a project budget.
After these phases, we’ll review the short list with our Challenge sponsor, evaluate the ideas using our criteria, and announce the Top Ideas—a set of solutions representing promising innovations that best reflect the spirit of BridgeBuilder. Top Ideas will receive seed funding and post-Challenge support from GHR, as well as ongoing connection opportunities with other BridgeBuilders and OpenIDEO.
Donor Name: OpenIDEO and GHR Foundation
Funding name: 2018 Bridgebuilder Challenge
Deadline: June 4th, 2018, at 5pm PT
Funding details link: https://www.openideo.com/challenge-briefs/bridgebuilder2
● Ideas that can be implemented within a 36 month timeline and budget requests of less than US$500,000.
● Receive a share of $1 million in seed funding from GHR Foundation
● Join a BridgeBuilder cohort of innovative organizations working to address urgent needs
● Take part in a kick-off workshop, during which they will meet other social innovators and further design and build their approaches with tools and expertise from GHR Foundation and OpenIDEO
● Receive ongoing partnership support from GHR Foundation, potential connection to other funder networks, and media exposure.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: 36 months
Eligible organization: As below
● Submissions are welcome from registered nonprofit, civil society, community-based, and for-profit organizations working anywhere in the United States or around the world.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://challenges.openideo.com/challenge/bridgebuilder2/ideas?_ga=2.76643669.1335334210.1526314321-50046506.1526314321
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://challenges.openideo.com/challenge/bridgebuilder2/ideas?_ga=2.76643669.1335334210.1526314321-50046506.1526314321).
● Bridge two or more topic areas: Ideas must address two or more of the topic areas (peace, prosperity, and planet).
● Originality: Ideas should also strive to build and repair unique bridges between people, issues, and beliefs that promote meaningful engagement, greater social cohesion, and sustainable, community-led change.
● Actionable and tangible: Ideas must be actionable and center on tangible results in the community of focus (rather than research, convenings, policy development, or advocacy).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh