Funding brief: The annual Rattle Poetry Prize offers $10,000 for a single poem to be published in the winter issue of the magazine. Ten finalists will also receive $200 each and publication, and be eligible for the $2,000 Readers’ Choice Award, to be selected by subscriber and entrant vote.
Additional poems from the entries are frequently offered publication as well. In 2017 they published 20 poems that had been submitted to the contest from just over 4,000 entries.
With the winners judged in an anonymous review by the editors to ensure a fair and consistent selection, an entry fee that is simply a one-year subscription to the magazine—and a large Readers’ Choice Award to be chosen by the writers themselves—they’ve designed the Rattle Poetry Prize to be one of the most inspiring contests around.
Past winners have included a retired teacher, a lawyer, and several students. It’s fair, it’s friendly, and you win a print subscription to Rattle even if you don’t win.
Donor Name: Rattle Foundation
Funding name: The annual Rattle Poetry Prize
Deadline: July, 15th, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. PST
Funding details link: http://www.rattle.com/prize/about/
Funding limit: The annual Rattle Poetry Prize offers $10,000 for a single poem to be published in the winter issue of the magazine. Ten finalists will also receive $200 each and publication, and be eligible for the $2,000 Readers’ Choice Award, to be selected by subscriber and entrant vote.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● The entry fee is a one-year subscription to Rattle (or a one-year extension for subscribers) at our regular $25 rate. Prior to May 1st, new subscriptions will start with the Summer 2018 issue, arriving in June. After May 1st, new subscriptions will start with the Fall 2018 issue, arriving September 1st. Current subscribers will receive a one-year extension.
● Open to writers, worldwide; poems must be written in English (no translations). Rattle’s winter issue must be a potential first publication for all works submitted. No previously published works, or works accepted for publication elsewhere. Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but they must be notified immediately if any poems are accepted elsewhere. If you submitted by mail, just call or email to let us know. On Submittable, log in and add a note to your submission (under the “Activity” tab).
● No identifying personal or contact information should appear on any pages with poems. They can’t know who you are while reading.
● Entry fees are non-refundable. Send up to four poems per entry. There is no line-limit. Poems may be any length, any style, or any subject. Multiple entries by a single poet are accepted, however each group of four poems must be treated as a separate entry, each with its own cover sheet and an additional $25 fee. Each additional entry will add an extra year to your subscription.
● Manuscripts will not be returned; include a SASE or email address if you’d like to be notified of the results. Winners will be announced September 15, 2018, and the Readers’ Choice Award Winner will be announced February 15, 2019. Additional entries may also be offered standard publication.
● Entries may be submitted by Submittable, or in hardcopy within the United States. International entries must be submitted by Submittable. Please note that we’re no longer accepting email entries—all electronic entries must come through Submittable.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: http://rattle.submittable.com/submit/38839
● Guideline: https://www.rattle.com/prize/guidelines/
● About: https://www.rattle.com/poetry/info/about-us/
● Code of ethics: https://www.rattle.com/prize/ethics/
How to apply:
● Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://rattle.submittable.com/submit/38839).
● Click the link to our Submittable contest page to purchase your subscription and upload your file through that system. Be sure to include all the poems that you’re submitting in a single file (.doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, .txt), removing any identifying information. Contact information is supplied through the online form.
● Submitting via Hardcopy: U.S. entries only! Include a check or money order for $25, payable to Rattle. For postal entries only, the first page of your packet must be a cover sheet: Type or print clearly your name, address, email address, phone number, and the titles of the poems onto the first page. Include the poems themselves (with titles) on subsequent pages, with each poem beginning a new page. Note that this is a postmark deadline, so there’s no need to waste money on rush delivery; regular mail in a cheap envelope is best. Send entries to: Rattle, Poetry Prize, 12411 Ventura Blvd, Studio City, CA 91604.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh