Funding brief: Unilever believes the world will only succeed in delivering the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals if we all start to think and work differently. That means a real shift towards meaningful partnerships and collaboration across the whole range of players – from governments to NGOs, and big businesses to start-ups. Imagine what we can achieve together.
That’s why five years ago they started the Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards to recognize and support brilliant young innovators tackling the planet’s biggest environmental and social challenges, and to help them achieve scale for impact.
Since the launch of the Awards in 2013, they’ve reached over 3,500 inspiring young sustainability entrepreneurs and their organizations, and provided tailored support and funding to 29 winners. From simple solutions with far reaching impacts for child nutrition, to ground breaking technologies to cut greenhouse emissions, these changemakers are challenging business as usual and leading the way to a more sustainable future.
Each year we provide up to eight winners with financial support to help them grow – with the overall winner of the HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize receiving €50,000. All winners attend a residential Accelerator Programme run by the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership, followed by a year of mentoring support completely tailored to their needs. That could range from business support through to personal development coaching – whatever is most needed to help that entrepreneur and their business succeed. And where it’s right for both sides, we’ll support the entrepreneur to open doors and make new business connections – whether that’s within Unilever or elsewhere.
They know that the world’s problems will only be solved with the ideas and talents of a new generation of leaders and change makers who are challenging business as usual, and who are the future of sustainability. They see a big opportunity to support, inspire, reward and collaborate with them, to help them scale and grow – both as individuals and as enterprises.
So, if you are working on an innovative and scalable technology or initiative – or know someone who is – which is contributing to one or more of these eight categories, then we want to hear from you:
● Zero Hunger
● Good Health and Well-being
● Quality Education
● Gender Equality
● Clean Water and Sanitation
● Decent Work and Economic Growth
● Responsible Consumption and Production
● Climate Action
The Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards will recognise up to eight winners, including the HRH Prize Winner, in 2018. The eight winners will be selected from a rigorous assessment process led by The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership, culminating in video interviews with our finalist selection panels. All eight winners will be invited to an Accelerator Programme in Cambridge, before making their final pitches in person to a guest judging panel who will decide on the HRH Prize Winner of the 2018 competition.
Donor Name: Unilever
Funding name: Young Entrepreneurs Awards
Deadline: The competition deadline is Friday, 29th, June, 13:59 BST. Better yet, if you enter your full submission by 08th, June, you’ll have the chance to win a special two-hour tailored mentoring session.
Funding details link: https://youngentrepreneursawards.unilever.com
Funding limit: Winners will have a chance to practice their pitches during the Accelerator in Cambridge where they will work with experts from the University of Cambridge, Unilever and other inspirational speakers and guests.
● The overall winner will receive the ‘HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize.’
● All winners will attend a special prize event hosted in London.
● The winner of the ‘HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize’ will receive a €50,000 cash award and one-to-one mentoring support tailored to their specific needs for a duration of 12 months.
● The remaining winners will each receive a €8,500 cash award and one-to-one mentoring support tailored to their specific needs for a duration of 12 months.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: One-to-one mentoring support tailored to their specific needs for a duration of 12 months.
Eligible organization: As below
● The competition is open to founders or co-founders age 18 – 35 years.
● Entries can be submitted on behalf of the founders or co-founders who are aged 18 – 35 years.
● Entries can be accepted from entrepreneurs who have entered previous Unilever competitions, worked with Unilever in the past or may be working with Unilever currently as a third-party supplier.
● Entries cannot be accepted from current Unilever employees, nor can entries promote Unilever or its products.
● Only individual entries are accepted. If your initiative has multiple founders, only one person can enter the competition. If shortlisted, this person should be available to participate in a video call on 11 or 12 September 2018 and be exclusively available to attend the accelerator programme in Cambridge, UK and subsequent events in London, UK from 25 October to 31 October 2018. Prizes will be awarded to individuals only and we cannot accommodate co-founders in the competition process. Co-founders may, however, take part in the on-going mentoring process if the winning individual agrees to this.
● Dependent on the number of entries, Unilever may remove categories during the assessment process.
Eligible Country: The competition is open to individuals from any part of the world, excluding Russia. Unfortunately, they cannot process personal data of Russian citizens and do not collect personal data in the territory of Russia. If data regarding Russian citizens is entered into this website, it will be removed.
Unilever reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate all or any part of the Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards programme, without notice. Entrants shall not be entitled to remuneration, of any kind, should Unilever exercise this right.
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Register to apply: https://youngentrepreneursawards.unilever.com/signup
● About: https://youngentrepreneursawards.unilever.com/prizes
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://youngentrepreneursawards.unilever.com/signup).
● Applications must be submitted in English. The Accelerator Programme and the final assessment will all be delivered in English. Proficiency in written and oral English is required.
● Entries submitted between 00:00 BST on 10 May 2018 and 23:59 BST on 8 June 2018 will have the opportunity to win an ‘early bird’ reward, a 2-hour, bespoke mentoring session. Three early bird entry winners will be announced in September 2018. Please note, this recognition does not influence the wider competition assessment process.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh