Funding brief: Teach For Bangladesh is looking for our country’s most promising leaders to take on the challenge of rebuilding our nation. Admissions process is highly selective, and they normally admit less than 6% of applicants. Successful candidates typically demonstrate a proven record of academic excellence and non-academic leadership, alignment with our core values and mission, strong critical thinking skills and the ability to overcome challenges. Candidates must also be proficient in both Bangla and English, and communicate compellingly.
The Fellowship is designed to prepare you to excel in any field you choose, as the skills that Fellows will develop are all transferrable. The level of challenge involved in completing the two year Fellowship makes it as, if not more effective in comparison to spending an equal amount of time in entry-level positions in most sectors. The Fellowship offers the following:
● Opportunity to lead a global movement and bring about significant change
● Professional ongoing training and support
● Opportunities for networking and career development
● International learning opportunities through the Teach For All network
● Local and international graduate school tie-ups
● Ever expanding network of corporate tie-ups
Donor Name: Teach For Bangladesh
Funding name: The Teach For Bangladesh 2019 Fellowship
● Deadline 1: March, 5th
● Deadline 2: May, 24th
● Deadline 3: August, 14th
Funding details link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ppUykA5TmfU2MtSWhqUjBjYUptVGtVYU9jTVhFSWtMM1E0/view
● Fellows will be given a monthly stipend of 32,000 BDT from day one of Academy.
● The Fellowship is a leadership development program for outstanding university graduates and young professionals who are looking for a personal and professional challenge while working to end educational inequity in Bangladesh. Fellows work full-time for two years as teachers in low-income primary schools across Dhaka city. They also take weekly courses to complete a diploma in Educational Leadership, Planning, and Management through the BRAC Institute of Educational Development, which strengthens their understanding of the landscape of education in our country.
● The Teach For Bangladesh Fellowship is your opportunity to play a part in helping your country overcome one of its greatest challenges. As a full-time teacher, you will affect the lives of each and every one of your students. You will join an international network of Fellows who are leading this global movement, and be among the special few who are pioneering the movement in Bangladesh. The Fellowship presents an intense, difficult, yet highly rewarding challenge which will help you develop and hone leadership, organization, and communication skills – skills that will accelerate your growth in any career you subsequently choose to pursue.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: The Teach For Bangladesh Fellowship lasts for two years, and all participants are required to make a commitment to complete the full length of the program. Internship positions are available each year, for qualified individuals looking to contribute for shorter durations.
Eligible organization: As below
● The minimum education requirement to apply for the Teach For Bangladesh Fellowship is a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. Candidates must hold a valid Bachelor’s degree at the time of application, or expect to hold a valid Bachelor’s degree by December 31 of the year in which they are applying. Candidates should have all coursework completed by October 31 in order to partake in Winter Academy full-time starting November 1st.
● The Teach For Bangladesh Fellowship is open only to Bangladeshi nationals, dual citizens who hold a Bangladeshi passport, and foreign nationals of Bangladeshi origin who have a No Visa Required seal on their passport.
● Please note: You can only apply to the Fellowship ONCE in a year. If you apply more than once for the same cohort, your application will automatically be rejected. If you would like to apply again in the following year, you must re-register.
Eligible Country: Bangladesh
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Register to apply: https://www.teachforbangladesh.org/register
● About: https://www.teachforbangladesh.org/about.php
● Tips: https://www.teachforbangladesh.org/docs/apptips.pdf
How to apply:
● The first step in the application process is to fill out a quick form online, indicating your interest in the TFB Fellowship. Registration allows us to keep you up to date on application deadlines, events, and other important resources. Register your interest in the Fellowship through the website (https://www.teachforbangladesh.org/register).
● Once you register, you will be emailed the link for the full online application. If you have any questions regarding the Fellowship or application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from our recruitment team will get in touch with you.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh