Funding brief: The School Enterprise Challenge is a global business start-up Awards Programme run by the educational charity Teach A Man To Fish. It aims to create globally aware, socially responsible young entrepreneurs.
The Awards Programme is FREE and helps students to plan and set up school businesses that:
● Generate real profits to help support their educational activities.
● Give students the chance to gain hands-on experience of running a real school business.
● Are sustainable, will grow and develop each year.
● Students develop essential skills in business and entrepreneurship in a practical, fun and innovative way. There is $50,000 in prizes available for the most entrepreneurial schools, teachers and students.
In 2016, more than 5000 schools from over 100 countries registered to take part. The businesses they started ranged from fly fishing in Belize, to an inter-schools newspaper in India and a car wash in South Africa. Schools generate an average net profit of $462 in just their first three months of operation!
The School Enterprise Challenge runs all year round. It is divided into three Awards levels of increasing intensity: Bronze, Silver and Gold. Schools pick the level to enter on based on their experience running a school business.
Registration for the School Enterprise Challenge is open all-year-round so schools can register at any point! The programme is divided into 3 steps, as follows:
● Step 1: Coming up with a Business Idea. This step usually takes between 1 and 4 weeks.
● Step 2: Writing a Business Plan. This step usually takes up to 6 weeks.
● Step 3: Launching and running the business. Students are required to run the school business for at least 3 months before reporting back to us in their Annual Report
Once you have launched your school business, they recommend you run it on an ongoing basis, allowing students to continuously develop their skills.
Donor Name: Teach A Man To Fish
Funding name: The School Enterprise Challenge
Deadline: As registration is open all-year-round, schools can submit any step (Business Idea, Business Plan or Annual Report) at any of the following dates:
● Wednesday 16th, May, 2018
● Wednesday 15th, August, 2018
● Wednesday 28th, November, 2018
Funding details link: https://www.schoolenterprisechallenge.org/about/about-us/
Funding limit: There are $50,000 USD worth of prizes available for the most enterprising schools including cameras, laptops and fully-funded conference places available for students, teachers and head teachers that go the extra mile to make their school business a success.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● The School Enterprise Challenge is open to all schools, including: pre-primary schools, primary schools, secondary schools and technical/vocational colleges.
● Universities are not eligible to take part in the School Enterprise Challenge.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Register to Apply: https://www.schoolenterprisechallenge.org/join/registration-form-2018/
● Letter seeking permission to take part: https://www.schoolenterprisechallenge.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/PermissionLetterforTeachers-2018.pdf
● FAQ: https://www.schoolenterprisechallenge.org/about/about-us/frequently-asked-questions/
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://www.schoolenterprisechallenge.org/join/registration-form-2018/).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh