Funding brief: The British High Commission in Dhaka manages programme funds on behalf of the UK’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). The programme funds small, targeted projects which support UK priorities.
2018/19 Programme: The bidding round for prospective projects for the financial year 2018-19 is now open. They are pleased to invite NGO’s/civil society, think tanks, private sector, academic institutions, research bodies and development partners to submit small project proposals for this funding stream. They are looking for innovative and creative interventions that will make a difference.
Projects will need to demonstrate clear measurable outcomes, and should contribute to bringing about change at a policy level in order to maximise the impact that a small amount of funding can deliver. Co-funded projects are particularly welcomed. Proposals should be strategically aligned with at least one of the following categories:
● Strengthened democracy with effective, accountable and responsive governance and an empowered civil society;
● Protection and promotion of human rights including the most marginalized sections of the society;
● Support to secure international agreements on human trafficking or to increase Bangladesh’s resilience and capacity to respond to human trafficking issues; freedom of religion or belief; freedom of expression; gender equality.
While they are happy to accept research based projects, the Programme Board would need to be convinced that such a project would actually have an impact on the issue in the time frame available. Such projects should clearly explain how the research will be used or disseminated to create impact. Programme funds should not be used to purchase equipment, such as laptops, vehicles etc.
Donor Name: The British High Commission, Bangladesh
Funding name: Programme Funds 2018-2019
Deadline: The deadline for submission of project bids is 24th, May, 2018.
Funding details link: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/bangladesh-bilateral-programme-budget-bpb
Funding limit: The contribution towards each project will be limited to approximately £30000 and all projects need to be completed by 25 March 2019.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● NGO’s/civil society, think tanks, private sector, academic institutions, research bodies and development.
Eligible Country: Bangladesh
Submission mail: Dhaka.Projects@fco.gov.uk
Other important link:
● Form (Proposal): https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/705137/Project_Proposal_Form_-__10k_-__80k.odt
● Form (Budget): https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/705138/Copy_of_Activity_Based_Budget_Template.ods
How to apply: Please submit all project proposals and enquiries about funding to Dhaka.Projects@fco.gov.uk .
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh