Funding brief: The Young Water Fellowship Program aims to empower young leaders from low and middle income countries to implement projects to tackle water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), water pollution and water scarcity issues, by offering them an intensive training program, seed funding grants for their projects, and mentoring support by senior level experts during one year.
Each year, this program brings about 10 young community leaders capable of successfully designing and implementing sustainable and inclusive water initiatives that significantly improve living conditions in their communities, while contributing to the achievement of SDG #6 (water and sanitation for all).
The YWF 2018 will focus on social entrepreneurship. Young people with social businesses ideas (or projects that can be turned into social businesses) that address water-related issues are welcome to apply.
The proposed initiative should directly contribute to solving at least one of the following issues, in line with SDG 6:
● Lack of safe drinking water supply
● Lack of adequate sanitation facilities and lack of hygiene
● Water pollution
● Water scarcity
● Solid Waste management
● Waste water management
● Other water management issues
The initiative should either already be a social enterprise, or a project with a sustainability component that will allow it to continue running in the long-term. Traditional projects are also accepted, as long as the applicants are willing to turn them into a social enterprise during the training, adding elements that will make the initiatives self-sustainable.
Proposals with a gender approach and that have the potential of creating employment opportunities have higher chances of being selected.
Donor Name: Young Water Solutions (YWS)
Funding name: Young Water Fellowship Program
Deadline: May, 16th, 2018 (midnight CET time)
Funding details link: http://youngwatersolutions.org/#ywf
● Training: Fellows attend Cewas’ Start-up training and are trained by experts in: IWRM | Project management | Business | Water and gender | Pitching | SDG 6 among others topics
● Mentorship: Fellows are assigned water and business mentors according to their needs, who provide technical support and guidance
● Project Implementation: Fellows are provided with opportunities for seed funding up to €5000 for their initiatives
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● Be 18 to 30 years old at the time of the application;
● Be the founder or co-founder of an initiative that contributes to the solution of a well-defined water problem in your country. The initiative should be in its initial stages and have the ability to be turned into a social enterprise (i.e have a long-term sustainability component or business model).
● Be a resident from this list of low and middle income countries.
● Have a valid passport and be available to attend a workshop in Europe from August 13th to September 14th 2018 (note that these dates might be subject to change),
● All training costs are covered by the organization (flights, transportation in Europe, accommodation, meals), but participants must cover their visa expenses and transport costs to the closest international airport in their country of residency.
● Be able to communicate in English (intermediate level at least).
Eligible Country: Afghanistan, Guinea, Moldova, Swaziland, Albania, Eritrea, Mongolia, Syrian Arab Republic, Algeria, Ethiopia, Montenegro, Tajikistan, Angola, Fiji, Montserrat, Tanzania, Antigua and Barbuda, Gabon, Morocco, Thailand, Argentina, Gambia, Mozambique, Timor-Leste, Armenia, Georgia, Myanmar, Togo, Azerbaijan, Ghana, Namibia, Tonga, Bangladesh, Grenada, Nauru, Tunisia, Belarus, Guatemala, Nepal, Turkey, Belize, Guinea-Bissau, Nicaragua, Turkmenistan, Benin, Guyana, Niger, Tokelau, Tuvalu, Bhutan, Haiti, Nigeria, Uganda, Bolivia, Honduras, Niue, Ukraine, Bosnia and Herzegovina, India, Pakistan, Uruguay, Botswana, Indonesia, Palau, Uzbekistan, Brazil, Iran, Palestine, Vanuatu, Burkina Faso, Iraq, Panama, Venezuela, Burundi, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea, Viet Nam, Cabo Verde, Jordan, Paraguay, Wallis and Futuna, Cambodia, Kazakhstan, Peru, West Bank and Gaza Strip, Cameroon, Kenya, Philippines, Yemen, Central African Republic, Kiribati, Macedonia, Zambia, Chad, Kosovo, Rwanda, Zimbabwe, Chile, Kyrgyzstan, Saint Helena, China, Lao Saint, Lucia, Colombia Lebanon Saint Vinc. And the Granadines, Comoros Lesotho Samoa, Congo Liberia Sao Tome and Principe, Cook Islands Libya Senegal, Costa Rica Madagascar Serbia, Côte d’Ivoire Malawi Seychelles, Cuba Malaysia Sierra Leone, Democratic People’s Rep. of Korea Maldives Solomon Islands, Democratic Republic of the Congo Mali Somalia
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Apply: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BQOQMkJP7tk294ax1dRga4J4YCbUyh-s
● Guideline: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fh5AK8XcgiFblyDt93OkiNfDpQWlGi47 ● Form (Proposal): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BQOQMkJP7tk294ax1dRga4J4YCbUyh-s/view
● About: http://youngwatersolutions.org/#about
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BQOQMkJP7tk294ax1dRga4J4YCbUyh-s).
Video submission: You should create a 2-minute video (maximum) describing the water issue and the proposed initiative in English. The video should be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, Google Drive or any other platform, and its link is to be shared in the application form or sent by email to email@example.com . A guide to uploading videos can be found in Annex 3. Applications without a video will not be considered.
● Application form: You must fill in an application form answering questions about the initiative and about your own background. You will be asked to upload a short CV and a reference letter. You can download a copy of the questions HERE (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lbSqdDwNpHoC3VByIbB62dPThKWZ8Xvu).
In the exceptional case that you can’t fill in the form online, you can submit your proposal, video or supporting documents (cv, reference letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, we strongly prefer that you fill in the online form.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh