Funding brief: Unitaid aims to improve cure rates for people affected by MDR TB by addressing concrete challenges where measurable impact may be achieved, using technologies that are available (or soon will be) in a targeted timeframe, and filling concrete gaps in the global response. Through extensive outreach and consultations with TB stakeholders, Unitaid has worked to understand the evolving challenges and identify potential opportunities that could align with its strategy and model – with a focus on those with potential to provide significant improvements to the lives of people affected by MDR TB.
As such, under this call, Unitaid is soliciting proposals that address one or more of the areas described below. Proposals’ scope should be carefully targeted, reflecting focused interventions to address key challenges in innovation, access, or preparing for scale-up, and demonstrating measurable impact within the time frame of the grant.
● Improved access to drug-susceptibility testing (DST), specifically using targeted gene sequencing platforms for clinical decision-making (e.g., replacing phenotypic DST), in low- and lower-middle-income countries (LMICs).
● Targeted interventions to boost uptake of better MDR-TB regimens of commercially available drugs, subject to WHO guidance.
● Improve TB treatment outcomes through targeted innovative approaches to support adherence that can be implemented within the next two years.
Donor Name: Unitaid
Funding name: No specific fund name
● If you intend to submit a proposal, please complete and send the intention to submit (ISP) form to proposalsUnitaid@who.int by 21st, May, 2018.
● The closing date for receipt of full proposals is 29th, June, 2018, at 12:00 noon Geneva (Switzerland) time.
Funding details link: https://unitaid.eu/call-for-proposal/seeking-projects-to-fight-tuberculosis-and-its-drug-resistant-strains/?utm_source=English+list&utm_campaign=9f0191dcab-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_09_06&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_72097710b3-9f0191dcab-283869933#en
Funding limit: There is no need to have budget at the ISP stage.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Unitaid makes catalytic investments. The timeframe is typically 3 to 5 years, including transition and sustainability plan.
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: The applicant(s) may be:
● A public or private entity / institution / organization; or
● A consortium: a group of public and/or private entities / institutions / organizations with one entity / institution or organization acting as the Lead Organization (“LO”), The LO shall assume responsibility, for the project presented in the proposal and shall be the sole signatory of any subsequent legal agreement with UNITAID setting out the terms and conditions of a grant. The LO will be exclusively responsible for undertaking all negotiations and discussions with UNITAID and shall ultimately remain responsible for all results and deliverables under the legal agreement, including those to be accomplished by other consortium members.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: proposalsUnitaid@who.int
Other important link:
● Guideline: https://unitaid.eu/assets/Proposal-process-2018.pdf
Proposal form with scanned version of signed Front page: https://unitaid.eu/assets/Unitaid-Grant-Proposal-Form_TB-Call.docx
Annex 1: Log frame: https://unitaid.eu/assets/Annex-1-Log-Frame-2018.xls
Annex 2: Timeline GANTT chart: https://unitaid.eu/assets/Annex-2-GANTT_chart-2018.xlsx
Annex 3: Budget details: https://unitaid.eu/assets/Annex-3-Budget-and-Co-funding-2018.xlsx
Guidance on Impact Assessment: https://unitaid.eu/assets/Guidance-on-impact-assessment-Final-1.pdf
Financial Guidelines for Unitaid Grantees: https://unitaid.eu/assets/Financial-guidelines-for-Unitaid-Grantees.pdf
● About: https://unitaid.eu/about-us/#en
● FAQ: https://unitaid.eu/assets/QA-ISP-Proposals_17042018.pdf
How to apply:
● If you intend to submit a proposal, please complete and send the intention to submit (ISP) form to proposalsUnitaid@who.int .
● Proposals, including all annexes, should be submitted electronically to proposalsUnitaid@who.int. A full proposal consists of the following documents:
● Proposal form with scanned version of signed Front page
● Annex 1: Log frame
● Annex 2: Timeline GANTT chart
● Annex 3: Budget details
● Annex 4: Organizational details and CVs of key team members
● Annex 5: Support Letters (not mandatory)
● Annex 6: Declaration of relevant interest
● Annex 7: Applicable ethics, anti-discrimination and environmental policies
● Annex 8: Declaration regarding tobacco entities
● Guidance on Impact Assessment
● Financial Guidelines for Unitaid Grantees
● Please note that our email system accepts messages up to 8 MB in size. For submissions exceeding this size, please consider splitting attachments in several messages.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh