Funding brief: The purpose of the research project grant is to give researchers the freedom to formulate by themselves the research concept, method and implementation, and to solve a specific research task within a limited period. This grant is funded jointly by the Swedish Research Council and Sida through the Swedish Government’s development aid funds, and by Formas’ and Forte’s research appropriations. The research shall be relevant to poverty reduction and for sustainable development in low-income countries. A minimum of one researcher from a low income or lower middle income country shall participate. Grants are available for relevant research of the highest scientific quality within all scientific areas.
The aims of the call are to:
● Strengthen Swedish research within the area of sustainability and resilience in relation to climate and environmental changes from a poverty perspective. Here, democracy, welfare, conflicts, human rights and gender equality may be important aspects of particular relevance to the fight against poverty and for sustainable development, focusing primarily on low income countries and regions
● Contribute to capacity building within research in low income countries and lower middle income countries
● Strengthen the capacity among junior researchers within the area at Swedish HEIs
● Increase the collaboration between researchers in Sweden and researchers in low income and lower middle income countries
Donor Name: The Swedish Research Council, The Swedish Research Council for Environment, Agricultural Sciences and Spatial Planning (Formas), The Swedish Research Council for Health, Working Life and Welfare (Forte) and The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida)
Funding name: Research project grant
Deadline: 8th, May, 2018 (14.00/2 p.m.)
Funding details link: https://www.vr.se/inenglish/researchfunding/applyforgrants/callforproposals/opengrants/researchprojectgrantsustainabilityandresiliencetacklingconsequencesofclimateandenvironmentalchanges.5.753cc09616008e1195e7a110.html
Funding limit: Minimum 400 000 SEK per year, maximum 2 000 000 SEK per year
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: January 2019
Project duration: 1–3 years
Eligible organization: As below
● The applicant for a research project grant must be an individual researcher. You will be the project leader and have scientific responsibility for the project, and your level of activity in the project must be no less than 20 per cent of a full-time equivalent. You must hold a Swedish doctoral degree or a corresponding foreign degree, awarded no later than the deadline for this call. The degree award date we use is the date you fulfilled all the criteria for a doctoral degree, such as mandatory courses, oral defence and an approved doctoral thesis. For applicants with Swedish doctoral degrees, the award date listed in Ladok applies.
● Grants from the Swedish Research Council shall be administered by a Swedish university or HEI or another Swedish public organization that fulfils our criteria for administrating organizations opens in new window. To apply, your organization must therefore be approved as an administrating organization.
● If you are awarded a grant, you must be employed by the administrating organization at the start of and throughout the grant period, unless the Swedish Research Council approves an exception. The employment must equal at least 20 per cent of a full-time equivalent. You do not have to be employed by the administrating organization at the time of applying.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://prisma.research.se/?_ga=2.233136217.672741827.1525364146-1049899111.1525364146
● FAQ (Prisma): https://prismasupport.research.se/user-manual/faq.html?_ga=2.262433995.672741827.1525364146-1049899111.1525364146
● Prisma (Manual): https://prismasupport.research.se/english?_ga=2.34833510.672741827.1525364146-1049899111.1525364146
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://prisma.research.se/?_ga=2.233136217.672741827.1525364146-1049899111.1525364146).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh