Funding brief: Two major objectives of The Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation are:
1) To contribute to the society by promoting international understanding;
2) To realize a society where mankind respects nature and harmonize with it under the concept of “co-existence of nature and mankind”;
In line with these objectives, the Foundation provides funds to excellent research activities in the areas of humanities and social science.
Areas of Research:
* Research activities in the areas of humanities and social science which are expected to contribute to achieving the goal of the Foundation, by
– promoting “international understanding” by solving various issues which exist between Japan and other nations
– promoting “coexistence of nature and mankind”
● The research is required to have global perspective and be based on high social and academic demand.
● Pioneering researches based on creative ideas are highly welcome.
Donor Name: The Konosuke Matsushita Memorial Foundation
Funding name: Research Grants
Deadline: May, 10th, (Thursday), 2018
Funding details link: http://matsushita-konosuke-zaidan.or.jp/en/works/research/promotion_research_01.html
Funding limit: The maximum amount of grant per student/researcher (Around 50 students/researchers) is 500,000 yen.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: October, 1st, 2018
Project duration: Term of grants shall be one year from October, 1st, 2018 to September, 30th, 2019.
Eligible organization: As below
● Students in doctoral course and researchers within five years after finishing doctoral course, who have not received grants from the foundation in the past. (Eligibility is judged by your position at the time of application)
● There are no restrictions concerning nationality, organizations you belong to, or areas of residence.
● Researches aimed at making profit
● Researches which are actually considered to be completed.
● Researches which require a huge amount of research expenses
● Researches whose period is less than 6 months in the grant period
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
How to apply:
(1) Fill in the application document
(2) Prepare a letter of recommendation
(3) Acquire a “”Reference Number”” by registering your application through the following website: https://matsushita-konosuke-zaidan.or.jp/system/src/form/application.php?mode=2
(4) Fill in your Reference Number in the specified section of the application form.(Application forms without Reference Number is INVALID.)
(5) After filling in, convert the Application forms from xls file to pdf file. Also, convert the letter of recommendation to pdf or jpg file after printing out and getting signature or seal of the recommender. Make sure that all the documents are in “A4” format. (Documents in “Letter” format are not acceptable.)
(6) Upload application form and letter of recommendation through the following website: https://matsushita-konosuke-zaidan.or.jp/system/src/form/login.php?mode=2
“Application” and “Recommendation” documents should be uploaded at the same time.
In case the recommender prefers to send directly to the Foundation, “Recommendation” letter can be sent by email or by post. In that case, upload a dummy file instead of Recommendation letter and inform the Foundation by email.
-The language used for filling in the application form should be either Japanese or English.
-Please use PC (Excel) to fill in the form.
-The size of the font to be used to fill in No.2, 3, 4, 5 of the Application forms should be larger than 10.5 points.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh