Funding brief: The ACF is a financial and technical support mechanism designed to provide local project developers and originators in Africa with the technical expertise and funding required to bring their renewable energy projects to fruition.
The ACF is at the forefront of an exciting new concept as the first private sector driven crowdsourcing origination platform for power projects in Africa. Access Power works closely with international partners that participate in the selection process of the winning projects, in the past years those partners included: African Development Bank, FMO, IFC, Proparco, and InfraCo Africa.
The selected project developers/originators will benefit from:
● The necessary technical, legal and financial expertise required to bring a project to financial close
● Funding of all third party development costs related to the project (such as feasibility studies, grid studies, environmental and social impact assessments, due diligence fees, statutory payments, etc)
● A clear route to exit the project (if desired) at financial close
Projects owners applying for the Access Co-Development Facility should meet the following minimum requirements.
Projects must be:
● Located in Africa, a CIS country or Asia
● Utilizing a commercially-proven power generation technology
● Based on renewable energy (including hydro) or hybrid power generation technologies
Donor Name: Access Co-Development Facility (ACF)
Funding name: Research Grant
Deadline: All applications shall be submitted on or before 8th, May, 2018 at 11:00 AM UAE Time.
Funding details link: http://www.access-power.com/access-co-development-facility
Funding limit: US $7 million pot of fund is set aside to be utilized by the winning projects
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
● Maintaining the momentum from previous years’ success, 7 million US dollars have been set aside to be deployed for the 2018 edition to co-develop up to 3 power projects. ● The projects will be selected following the selection process outlined in this document.
Eligible Country: Projects must be Located in Africa, a CIS country or Asia
Submission mail: ACF@access-power.com
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://www.access-power.com/images/ACF-2018-Application-Guidlines.pdf
● Form: http://www.access-power.com/images/ACF-18-Application-Form.pdf
How to apply:
● Application Forms along with any supporting attachments shall be submitted in electronic format to the following e-mail address: ACF@access-power.com
● Applicants are encouraged to submit as many supporting documents as they see necessary to strengthen their position and validate the information contained in their Application Form.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh