Funding brief: Women Who Tech is on a mission to fund women-led startups. Why? Because only 1.9% of Venture Capital (VC) funding went to women-led startups in 2017. For women of color (WOC), the numbers are even more dismal: 0.2% get VC money. These barriers are crushing women’s economic power.
That’s where we come in. Nearly 2,000 early-stage ventures (40% WOC) have applied to their Women Startup Challenges, cohosted by Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn, and more. They’ve succeeded in enabling more than $20 million raised for women founders.
Ten finalists from around the world were selected to pitch their tech venture virtually on our Podcast before prominent investors. Investor guest for this season is Adam Zuckerman, Director of Discovery Ventures.
The winning startup will be chosen through a hybrid approach: 40% will be the investors’ decision, 30% will be public vote, and 30% will be the Women Who Tech team’s decision. Make sure to subscribe so you can vote for your favorite women-led startup.
Donor Name: Women Who Tech
Funding name: Women Startup Challenge Podcast
Deadline: Applications closed on April, 16th, 2018 at 11:59 PT.
Funding details link: https://www.womenwhotech.com/women-startup-challenge/podcast#application
Funding limit: The grand prize winner will receive $5,000 as a cash grant for their startup.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: N//A
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
● You must be a tech start-up with a product at the prototype stage or has already launched. No consulting firms.
● Your start-up can be located anywhere around the world.
● The application and the pitch must be completed in English.
● Your start-up must incorporate technology into the approach of your product, which allows the company to rapidly and massively scale in a manner that traditional, independent small businesses cannot. Please note that using tech (i.e. hosting a blog, selling products on your website, or using social media in your marketing) does not qualify as using tech to scale on a mass level nationally and globally.
● You cannot have raised more than $2.2 million for the start-up you’re pitching.
● You cannot have won first place in a Women Start-up Challenge.
● If you were a Women Start-up Challenge finalist, you may not apply to pitch on the podcast for 6 months from the date of the Pitch Competition where you were a finalist.
● You must be a woman-led start-up (defined as at least having at least one woman Cofounder on the team). The woman Cofounder must be the person to pitch.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● About: https://www.womenwhotech.com/about
How to apply: Please contact with the donor directly to know the details of applying.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh