Funding brief: The University of St Andrews and independent exploration and production company ConocoPhillips announce the call for entries for the st andrews prize for the environment 2019.
The primary objective of the Prize is to find innovative solutions to environmental challenges across the world. The solutions should be practical, scalable and able to be replicated in other places, combining good science, economic reality and political acceptability. The Prize offers people from all backgrounds around the world the chance to help transform their environmental ideas into reality and provides a network of connections and support.
The St Andrews Prize for the Environment is a joint environmental initiative by the University of St Andrews in Scotland, which attracts scholars of international repute and carries out world-class teaching and research, and independent exploration and production company ConocoPhillips. Recognizing significant contributions to environmental conservation, since its launch in 1998, the Prize has attracted more than 5,400 entries from around the world and donated approximately $2 million USD to environmental initiatives on a wide range of topics including biodiversity, sustainable development, urban re-generation, recycling, health, water and waste, renewable energy and community development. The submissions for the Prize are assessed by eminent Trustees from science, industry and government.
Donor Name: The University of St Andrews and ConocoPhillips
Funding name: The St Andrews Prize
Deadline: Anyone wishing to enter the 2019 Prize should complete the online entry form via this website by Friday, 25th, May, 2018.
Funding details link: http://www.thestandrewsprize.com/news-articles/2019-st-andrews-prize-opens-for-entries
Funding limit: Applications are invited from individuals, multi-disciplinary teams or community groups for this annual prize, which is $100,000 USD for the winner and $25,000 USD for each of the other two finalists.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: Not found
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: For an application for the prize to be eligible it must:
● Be related to sustainable development and be aligned with the UN Goals for Sustainable Development – explain the alignment.
● Be related to community progress allied with smart and innovative development and use of the earth’s environmental resources from air, land and sea.
● Be replicable from one geographic area to another and ideally be scalable in size.
● Have a clearly defined need for funding that will make a step change to the applicant’s aims.
● Have the ability to inspire others in the field.
● Contribute to the global pursuit of sustainability in the short to long-term.
An application will be ineligible if it is:
● Focused on a special interest group or is exclusive of particular groups in society.
● A major infrastructure project e.g. construction of a building.
● A regular/annual event that is not connected to a new initiative.
● A project related to political activities, lobbying or religious groups.
● A project that is designed purely for fundraising purposes.
● A research project.
Eligible Country: No country bar found (Open to all regions)
Submission mail: Not found
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (http://www.thestandrewsprize.com/enter-the-prize).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh