Funding brief: The Earth Journalism Network (EJN) Bay of Bengal Organizational Grants are available to support the creation, growth, and capacity building of media and other development or educational organizations in the region, that aim to improve the quantity and quality of information about climate change, and access to this information by groups such as women and youth that are most vulnerable to its impacts.
The aim of the Bay of Bengal Organizational Grants is to strengthen the capacity of organizations to produce high quality, actionable news and information about climate change impacts and resilience-building for the vulnerable communities and policy makers in the region.
The EJN Bay of Bengal Organizational Grants are available to support the generation of media reports on climate change, environment and natural resource management issues; disseminate news and information to the most vulnerable communities and policymakers; and boost the voices of marginalized groups (women, youth and indigenous people) who are most at risk of climate change and environmental problems.
Through these grants, Internews intends to strengthen the capacity of organizations to report on and explain the drivers and impacts of environmental and climate change, along with the solutions that build resilience and prevent future crises. Community radio outlets, specifically those who cover or reach vulnerable communities, are especially encouraged to apply.
Proposed activities should be designed to contribute towards at least one of the following outcomes:
● Marginalized coastal communities and/or policymakers in the region have improved and reliable access to quality socio-environmental news and information;
● Improved organizational capacity to report on socio-environment issues in an accurate and compelling way;
● Improved organizational capacity to produce greater quantity and quality of socio-environmental news and information;
● Reduced exclusion of marginalized groups in socio-environmental information;
● Peer and multi-stakeholder engagement around socio-environmental issues.
Particular attention should be given to the adaptation needs, challenges, efforts and success stories of vulnerable and marginalized communities.
While content production is an important aspect of the proposed activities, applications should include some form of networking, knowledge sharing, and/or capacity-building component. Please note that there will be a separate story grant opportunity available later this year.
Donor Name: The Earth Journalism Network (EJN)
Funding name: Bay of Bengal Organizational Grants
Deadline: May, 18th, 2018 at 7 PM IST
Funding limit: The typical grant will be for up to US$15,000 and support a one-year project.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: One-year project
Eligible organization: As below
● Established media organizations, journalism networks, community groups located in the region, universities and journalism schools are welcome to apply. The organizational grants can also be used to support the establishment of environmental journalism networks in places where they don’t exist. In such cases, applicants should note their affiliations with existing media organizations, if applicable, or provide detailed plans about how this project would facilitate the creation of a new organization.
● NGOs and research institutes will also be considered, but only those with strong media and communication programs who are dedicated to supporting fair and accurate reporting. As Internews is a media development organization, they will not consider applications rooted in advocacy or political campaigning.
● Activities proposed should support socio-environmental reporting and climate resilience-building in the Bay of Bengal region – specifically in the coastal regions of four Indian states ((Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Orissa, West Bengal), and coastal and floodplain areas of Bangladesh.
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Register: https://earthjournalism.net/@@register
● Apply: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdQPB9Ldg-ZGwIiobJK-JCg2UxebOXAwyMSxFLuChZ7N0tH-w/viewform?usp=sf_link
● Form (Budget): http://earthjournalism.net/projects/program-section-images/ejn-grants-blank-budget-form
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdQPB9Ldg-ZGwIiobJK-JCg2UxebOXAwyMSxFLuChZ7N0tH-w/viewform?usp=sf_link).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh