Funding brief: The purpose of Opportunity grants is to nurture and encourage innovative ideas and approaches on SRHR advocacy in new contexts.
For this Opportunity grant call, AmplifyChange seeks to fund civil society organizations that aim to implement projects addressing Menstrual Health Management (MHM) within a sexual and reproductive health rights framework.
At AmplifyChange, they recognize the significant role and impact that MHM can have throughout a women’s life course, and its direct linkages to their overarching sexual and reproductive health. Taking this into consideration, we have adopted a holistic approach to MHM which recognizes the multiple barriers and stigma’s that MHM can present through a women’s life.
In line with our approach, we welcome applications that address MHM and SRHR across a range of age groups, issues and contexts. To feed into their theory of change, they are looking for applications that address at least one of the following outcomes:
● Transforming social norms and behaviors around menstrual health management
● Challenging stigma and barriers to MHM dignity through an increase in access, information and services
● Increasing awareness of MHM, sexual and reproductive health and access to WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene) as a human right
● Advocating for changes in, and implementation of, policies and laws relating to MHM (for tips on how to develop your advocacy plan, see our new advocacy planning video)
● Alongside these key outcomes, we are also particularly interested in receiving applications that include:
● Awareness and education to challenge social norms on MHM with health providers, parents, teachers, employers and wider community stakeholders
● Pre-menarche (pre-menstruation), puberty and comprehensive sexuality education
● Workplace and community environments
● Challenging stigmatizing attitudes around fertility and menopause. (Applicants working on fertility stigma and menopause should state in their application the project’s explicit linkage to MHM and SRHR)
(Further examples of specific activities under each outcome can be found in our areas for action here).
● They aim to be flexible in our approach so that smaller and new organizations can access our funding, but we do expect a project to have promising potential to achieve meaningful change for women and girls.
● They work as a challenge fund and applications are considered on a competitive basis. We therefore encourage all applicants to consider the following guidance carefully to give yourself the best chance of success.
Donor Name: AmplifyChange
Funding name: Opportunity grant
Deadline: 10 May 2018, at 5:00pm BST
Funding limit: They will fund up to EUR 40,000 for a maximum of 1-year
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: 1-year
Eligible organization: As below
● Civil society organizations (CSOs) located in one of our eligible countries are welcome to apply. They are particularly interested in receiving applications from women and youth led organizations.
CSOs can include:
● Community groups
● Youth groups
● Non-governmental organizations
● Indigenous groups
● Charitable organizations
● Faith-based organizations
● Research institutes
● Social enterprise groups
● Public-private partnerships
● Communications and media groups
● Professional associations
● International Non-Governmental Organizations (INGOs) and UN agencies are not eligible to apply for Opportunity grants
Eligible Country: Civil society organizations (CSOs) located in one of our eligible countries are welcome to apply. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from women and youth led organizations.
Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic Of, Congo, The Democratic Republic of the (formerly Zaire), Cote D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, The, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar (formerly Burma), Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Timor-Leste (formerly East Timor), Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, West Bank and, Gaza, Strip, Yemen (Arab Republic), Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://amplifychange.org/grants/dashboard/
● Guideline: https://amplifychange.org/grant-model/opportunity/rules-and-eligibility/
How to apply: Interested applicant may apply through the website (https://amplifychange.org/grants/dashboard/).
● They only accept applications in English and French.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh