Funding brief: In recognizing how integral mobility is for artists and cultural professionals, the Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) launches Mobility First! Through this initiative, ASEF supports the mobility of artists and cultural professionals for cross-border activities that include participation in events, networking, research and collaborative meetings. Mobility support is provided to selected individuals for travel from Asia to Europe, Europe to Asia & within Asia.
Through this initiative, ASEF supports the mobility of artists and cultural professionals for participation in the following 7 types of activities:
1. Workshops or trainings
2. Conferences or forums
3. Festivals, biennales, or international exhibitions
4. Artists’ or writers’ residencies
5. Partner meeting/s to set up or maintain an existing partnership
6. Practice-led research
7. “Go and see” / short-term exploration / networking
Donor Name: Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF)
Funding name: Mobility First! – ASEF Cultural Mobility Initiative 2018
|2018 Open Calls||2018 Deadlines||Announcement of Results||Travel timeline|
|21 March 2018||25 April 2018||31 May 2018||01 June to 30 Sep 2018|
|26 April 2018||30 May 2018||31 July 2018||01 Aug to 30 Nov 2018|
|31 May 2018||30 June 2018||31 Aug 2018||01 Sep to 15 Dec 2018|
● Currently, the selection criteria for Mobility First! Prioritizes cultural mobility from Asia to Europe; from Europe to Asia; and, within Asia. All travel must be international.
● Successful applicants will be given up to a maximum of Singapore Dollars (SGD) 2,000 for travel from Asia to Europe or Europe to Asia.
● Successful applicants will be given up to a maximum of Singapore Dollars (SGD) 1,000 for travel within Asia.
● Additional funding is available for people with disabilities and special needs.
Special Notes: Please contact with the donor directly for further clarification and understanding.
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: N//A
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility:Individuals & organizations actively involved in the field of arts & culture who are eligible as per following guidelines:
● Artists & cultural professionals from any artistic genre (such as visual arts, performing arts, film, heritage etc.) may apply. Applications focusing on contemporary artistic and cultural disciplines are encouraged.
● Artists are defined as those directly involved in the production of artworks in any genre of the arts.
● Cultural professionals are defined as others working in the field of arts & culture such as curators, arts writers (including critics), arts managers, researchers etc.
● Applicants should be citizens of member countries of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) and seek support for travel within the ASEM region.
● Applicants may seek travel support to participate in any of the 7 types of eligible activities.
● Cultural organizations may apply to become ASEF’s partners; selected organizations will co-select individuals who will receive support to attend specific events organized by the partner (e.g. arts festivals, conferences).
● Selected partner organizations are expected organize the event as well as provide selected persons with local contacts and context. For example, an arts organization organizing a photography festival may wish to apply to Mobility First! and together with ASEF, will co-select 4 photographers who will be given ASEF’s support to be present at the festival.
● Cultural organizations that operate in any artistic or cultural genre may apply. Non-profit arts organizations will be prioritized.
● Cultural organizations should be based in any of the ASEM member countries and operating in the ASEM region (nationally or bi-regionally)
● Organizations should be applying for travel support for individuals to participate in any of the 7 types of eligible activities.
Eligible Country:Mobility First! supports international travel from Asia to Europe, Europe to Asia, & within Asia. Destination countries must be members of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM). The ASEM countries are: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, the Lao PDR, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mongolia, Myanmar, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, the Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, the United Kingdom, Viet Nam.
Submission mail: Not found
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://asef.org/images/docs/2018-ASEF%20mobility%20first%20open%20call.pdf
● FAQ: http://asef.org/images/docs/ASEF%20mobility%20first%20FAQ%202.pdf
How to apply:
1. Individuals should complete the online application form at: https://asefculture.formstack.com/forms/mobilityfirst2018
2. Organizations should complete the online application form at: https://asefculture.formstack.com/forms/mobilityfirst2018orgs
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Visit all funding categories: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/how-to/access-funding-short-cut/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh